PDA

View Full Version : The term detailing

BF4Noob73
04-20-2016, 09:07 AM
What steps has to be done in order for the term detailing to be used. If I use the two bucket method, clay process, and sealant or wax, would that be considered detailing :confused:

Mike Phillips
04-20-2016, 09:16 AM
I think the term is pretty vague and open to interpretation.

And in keeping with what I wrote above then "yes" what you listed would be called detailing.

On our TV show we use the term Surface Care and Surface Care Experts. Not the best terms to define what we in the industry do when we do high caliber work but to date it's been hard to come up with words or terms that don't include the word detail or variations like detailer or detailing to create a more upscale mental image for this type of work and this industry.

Hope that helps...

:)

vanev
04-20-2016, 10:08 AM
My opinion:
Detailing is a complete cleaning, treating/conditioning, and protecting of every accessible material surface of a vehicle to the fullest extent, inside and out.
Thus, at the completion of a detail, the detail is in fact complete and there would be nothing left in need of attention.
From this starting point, detailing then becomes subjective as to the needs of the vehicle.

OP.
What you did would certainly qualify as a detail.
However, if the vehicle needs more attention than what you gave it, you need to consider the needs of the vehicle as you continue to maintenance its care and appearance needs.

dlc95
04-20-2016, 10:14 AM
This is why my business has the term "Auto Polishing" added to it.

I will do interiors, but my focus is on exterior care, specifically paint polishing.

This year I added a "light interior" option starting at $75.00. Just to help make more money.

dcjredline
04-20-2016, 11:02 AM
For me
Interior detailing = Cleaning all crevices of the dash, seats, console, trunk, door cards
Exterior detailing = Some form of paint polishing, cleaning small things like the grill, wheel wells, exhaust tip, gas door, engine.