PDA

View Full Version : Any trusted detailers in Utah near Sandy?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mohataza
04-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first post :)
I have a 2015 jet black Mazda 3, it's a brand new car, just 6 month old. I had no experience with how to take care of my car and I was taking it to automatic car wash till I started to see swirl marks. So, I started to read about scratches, detailing, etc.

I went to a detailing shop in Midvale to fix those swirl marks, they charged me 230$ and did a damn job to my car. The swirl marks did not go away, some how they looked better, however the bad thing is after a month I started to see holograms all over the car, I did not see them when I was taking my car from the detailing shop as they were probably hidden by glaze and wax, however after several washes I saw those ugly haze marks.

I went back to the detailing shop, they did not even know what are holograms (although they are a 5 stars shop on google), so I did not trust them to fix what they ruined, and after a big debate I got my money back.

Now I am searching for a body shop to fix what they ruined :(
Any advises?, I am not willing to take any more risks.

P.S. I am living in Sandy, this is 20 mins south SLC

refreshauto
04-19-2016, 11:46 PM
How far are you from Salt Lake. I know a very reputable retailer there

mohataza
04-19-2016, 11:53 PM
Thank you, just 20 mins far from Salt lake

refreshauto
04-20-2016, 01:02 AM
Luxe auto spa in Murray

GSKR
04-20-2016, 05:47 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first post :)
I have a 2015 jet black Mazda 3, it's a brand new car, just 6 month old. I had no experience with how to take care of my car and I was taking it to automatic car wash till I started to see swirl marks. So, I started to read about scratches, detailing, etc.

I went to a detailing shop in Midvale to fix those swirl marks, they charged me 230$ and did a damn job to my car. The swirl marks did not go away, some how they looked better, however the bad thing is after a month I started to see holograms all over the car, I did not see them when I was taking my car from the detailing shop as they were probably hidden by glaze and wax, however after several washes I saw those ugly haze marks.

I went back to the detailing shop, they did not even know what are holograms (although they are a 5 stars shop on google), so I did not trust them to fix what they ruined, and after a big debate I got my money back.

Now I am searching for a body shop to fix what they ruined :(
Any advises?, I am not willing to take any more risks.

P.S. I am living in Sandy, this is 20 mins south SLCIf you have the time ,take the 230 and invest in a da and pads.you will pick it up real quick and not have to deal with hacks ever again.

mohataza
04-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Luxe auto spa in Murray

Thanks!

mohataza
04-20-2016, 08:31 AM
If you have the time ,take the 230 and invest in a da and pads.you will pick it up real quick and not have to deal with hacks ever again.

I have no experience to use DAs so I am scared to ruin my car

mohataza
04-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Guys, I was at Mazda dealership yesterday and they referred some detailer to me, he inspected my car and said he will do it with a sandpaper + cutting compound and rotary buffer and I will see the car as clear as new, he said this will not hurt the clear coat too much ad the car has plenty of it!

what do you think? is this the correct process?

PhxDarius
04-20-2016, 11:40 AM
I think you should read this article by Mike Phillips.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/87410-clearcoats-thin-mike-phillips.html#post1196851

refreshauto
04-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Guys, I was at Mazda dealership yesterday and they referred some detailer to me, he inspected my car and said he will do it with a sandpaper + cutting compound and rotary buffer and I will see the car as clear as new, he said this will not hurt the clear coat too much ad the car has plenty of it!

Talk to my friends 1st. Tell them you talked to the guys from Nicks Custom Detailing

WeekendDIY
04-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Sandpaper seems a bit harsh to start out with. Got any pictures?

parttimer
04-20-2016, 01:02 PM

I would probably run from someone that wants to wet sand, compound and polish my new car. Unless the last "detailer" totally toasted your paint. Even then, compound would probably fix it.

custmsprty
04-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Talk to my friends 1st. Tell them you talked to the guys from Nicks Custom Detailing

You asked for a referral to a quality detailer and you got it from one of the best guys on this forum. So that would probably be the best place to start. According to google maps they are 20 minutes from you just up I-15.

From what you've posted so far none of the advice you've received is reputable. Who in their right mind would hit a new car with sand paper.

custmsprty
04-20-2016, 02:18 PM
I have no experience to use DAs so I am scared to ruin my car

You can't do any worse than what's already been done that's for sure.

And you can't "ruin" the paint with a da like a PC or gg6. You can turn a PC on full blast and put it in the palm of your hand with a pad on and stop the rotation. That's what keeps you from ruining or burning up your paint.

Fear the rotary but don't fear the da.

Maybe they'd let you watch while they detail your car, kind of like on the job training.

mohataza
04-20-2016, 02:50 PM

I've spoken to your friends, they said the job doesnt need a wetsand and they wouldnt try to wetsand a whole car, but they want 750$ plus taxes to fix it :'(
too much, isnt it?!