PDA

View Full Version : Any trusted detailers in Utah near Sandy?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

larry33
04-20-2016, 02:51 PM
Lux absolutely

parttimer
04-20-2016, 02:52 PM
I've spoken to your friends, they said the job doesnt need a wetsand and they wouldnt try to wetsand a whole car, but they want 750$ plus taxes to fix it :'(
too much, isnt it?!

The price is based on location. If you're timid at the price, for the $250 you could get yourself a nice polisher, a few pads and bottle of polish and do it yourself, especially if they say no sanding is needed.

WeekendDIY
04-20-2016, 02:59 PM
I've spoken to your friends, they said the job doesnt need a wetsand and they wouldnt try to wetsand a whole car, but they want 750$ plus taxes to fix it :'(
too much, isnt it?!

As the saying goes....You get what you pay for. It is a lot of money but could very well be worth it. Hard to say. Maybe if you have time you can go and check out a car there working on.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Guys, I was at Mazda dealership yesterday and they referred some detailer to me, he inspected my car and said he will do it with a sandpaper + cutting compound and rotary buffer and I will see the car as clear as new, he said this will not hurt the clear coat too much ad the car has plenty of it!

what do you think? is this the correct process?

I dont see how a new paint job, needs to be wetsanded and compounded, on thin mazda paint of all things.

Just to take out holograms ? And swirl marks ? Lol, watch mike phillips video a simple polishing pad and a finishing polish will take out the holograms.

Also do not let a body shop touch your car, they will do the same thing as the "detailers" did, they will just take off more paint.

A body shop them selfs are famous for leaving rotary holograms. Because of there in a rush production nature they do not have time to back down there steps.

Again do not let the man that wanted to wetsand your car near your car, mazda paint is notoriously thin. Go to a reputable detailer and not only it will be fixed, minim paint will be removed as well.

conman1395
04-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Guys, I was at Mazda dealership yesterday and they referred some detailer to me, he inspected my car and said he will do it with a sandpaper + cutting compound and rotary buffer and I will see the car as clear as new, he said this will not hurt the clear coat too much ad the car has plenty of it!

what do you think? is this the correct process?

Dear God no. That will take way more clear coat than needed off and they'll likely finish with a rotary and you'll see holograms again.

You can't ruin a car with a DA unless you just aren't paying attention, but if you're not willing to learn then see a detailer someone here recommends. I hope you are at least willing to learn how to wash your car properly and not go through automatic car washes.

One big reason to learn how to use a DA is to polish your car after guy clay it. That way it always will look perfect before you wax/seal it every 6 months or so.

In regards to price, $750 is standard for me. You could spend less and learn to do it yourself, but if you go to any of these cheaper places you're going to get it done wrong. They'll remove too much clear coat (and Mazda just keeps making it thinner and thinner the newer their cars) and you'll be paying for a repaint in a couple years.

custmsprty
04-20-2016, 03:33 PM
too much, isnt it?!

Wow! no way I'd pay that much.

Too bad you live in Utah, I'd do it for $250.00 and beers :cheers:

Get a set up and learn yourself. You can't hurt the car.

You'll be better off in the long run. It's how we all started.

Check out this link to a recent job I did for my buddy, $250.00

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/98953-2014-nissan-370-z-griots-g21-hd-adapt-7-hd-poxy.html

Setec Astronomy
04-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Who's that other guy who's up in Utah? As I recall he doesn't like this forum much so I don't even know if he's a member.

Oh, I found it, Reflections Detailing in Logan, UT. Just be careful at his website my antivirus didn't like his contact page.

mohataza
04-20-2016, 06:06 PM
Lux absolutely

Have you tried them?, any idea if they can get the job correctly done?, specially they are taking 750$!

mohataza
04-20-2016, 06:09 PM
You asked for a referral to a quality detailer and you got it from one of the best guys on this forum. So that would probably be the best place to start. According to google maps they are 20 minutes from you just up I-15.

From what you've posted so far none of the advice you've received is reputable. Who in their right mind would hit a new car with sand paper.

I agree to this, I was hesitated to agree doing my car with a sandpaper and I've Read what Mike Phillipes explained about it and when it's required. I will not let this guy touch my car

custmsprty
04-20-2016, 06:16 PM
Have you tried them?, any idea if they can get the job correctly done?, specially they are taking 750$!

No way would I ever pay that amount of money. You can invest about $250-$300 and do it yourself. I said it before, you cannot hurt your car with a da polisher. Plus if you don't wash it properly that $750.00 is a huge waste of money.

Get this starter kit and you'll still have over $500.00 in you pocket for future investment.

You should be able to learn with these easy to use products and perfect your skills.

LINK TO KIT:

Porter Cable 7424XP & 3D HD Flawless Finish Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pc-3d-hd-flawless-kit.html)

Or if it's not too late you could trade it in for a white or silver car and not worry about it. You bought a full time job with black paint.

Four years ago when I bought this I really didn't have a clue how to polish paint. So you too can do it. As Will Farrell says, "put on your big boy pants" and just do it. That's what the forum is for. All the knowledge is here and on AG's website. Just be loyal to the providers of the info. AG.

Oh yeah, that's my "white" daily driver in the background, it goes with my wife's white Sonata and daughter's white Altima :buffing:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/GC1_zpszfdxmac4.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/GC1_zpszfdxmac4.jpg.html)

larry33
04-20-2016, 07:49 PM
I know them well. Cougar is one of the best and a high quality shop

refreshauto
04-20-2016, 09:13 PM
too much, isnt it?!

Unfortunately it costs money to fix someone else's mistakes. Had it gone to them 1st it probably wouldn't be as expensive. I know they aren't cheap but believe me you will get a much better finish and lasting results

UTdetailing
12-10-2016, 01:26 PM
too much, isnt it?!

This is pretty old, but did you get it taken care of? If a reputable detailer wanted $750 I would suspect perhaps it is beyond "swirl marks" and "holograms".

mohataza
12-10-2016, 02:45 PM
This is pretty old, but did you get it taken care of? If a reputable detailer wanted $750 I would suspect perhaps it is beyond "swirl marks" and "holograms".

Yes it has been taken care of, they did a damn great job though they are so expensive

Supra9497
12-10-2016, 03:29 PM
What did the 750 include? A complete paint correction and interior detail? What do you do to maintain your car now so it stays in the condition it is in ?