PDA

View Full Version : Phone upgrade?

Strokin04
10-11-2007, 05:53 PM
I have AT&T and I am wanting to upgrade my cell phone to a new one. My question to everyone is what do you recommend for a new phone? I do not want the i phone but any other models I am willing to look at. Thanks, Mike...:D

ScottB
10-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Ive had the Razr and the Slvr .... looking at Razr2 since business partner got it. I dont need anything fancy or Bluetooth type phone currently.

P1et
10-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Aw crap Strokin, I had the answer right here for you! I would have said the iPhone, but I guess you don't want that one.

How about the SonyEricsson phones? My personal favorite. Great user interface, superior cameras and they are built to LAST!

My dog ate both my Nokia phone and my SonyEricsson phone and the SE definitely fared much better!!!

Dust2Glory
10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
I have AT&T and I am wanting to upgrade my cell phone to a new one. My question to everyone is what do you recommend for a new phone? I do not want the i phone but any other models I am willing to look at. Thanks, Mike...:D

I worked for a cell phone company for 2 yrs:

Do you want a regular phone or a PDA phone?
Do you want a bar phone or a flip phone?
Are there certain brands u wanna stay away from?
What features are most important to you?

Those few questions will help you decide quickly. I recommend going into your local retail store and actually playing with the phones

Surfer
10-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I have a Cingular 8525 that rocks, love this phone!!

Strokin04
10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a Cingular 8525 that rocks, love this phone!!

I was looking at that phone but, am curious to what plan I need? I really want something I can check my email and has bluetooth (common now on most phones). I can get this phone for a $149, so is that a good price?

Surfer
10-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I was looking at that phone but, am curious to what plan I need? I really want something I can check my email and has bluetooth (common now on most phones). I can get this phone for a $149, so is that a good price?$149? think I payed $400 but that was around March. You need the unlimited data plan, as it will sometimes automatically connect online which can run through minutes very quick, sometimes I'll use it online and forget and it'll be connected for 12+ hours and w/o the unliited data plan I'd have been screwed. And you have to do it through Cingular, some other companies offer "fake" unlimted plans and Cingular won't accept them (their cheaper) and you'll get dinged the hell out of on your bill lol as others found out.

Phone rocks hands down.

Strokin04
10-12-2007, 02:13 PM
I will head to the AT&T store tomorrow and check it out. Thank you everyone for your input!!!