PDA

View Full Version : McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser Review

Pats300zx
04-18-2016, 06:11 PM
This weekend I had the chance to continue the detail work on my new 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I figured it was a good opportunity to try out another of the McKee's 37 product line. This is a review of McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h48/Pats300zx/McKees%2037%20Engine%20Degreaser/tn_Photo%20Apr%2018%206%2050%2013%20PM.jpg

McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser, engine cleaner, car engine cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-engine-degreaser.html)

Cost: $12.99 for 16 ounces

Product Description

McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser is the ultimate surface safe engine cleaner. It’s a blend of surfactants, sequestering agents, and emollients that immediately loosen and lift greasy buildup from engine surfaces.

McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser is based on remarkable cleaning technology that’s used to clean up oil spills in the ocean because of its ability to break up oil and encapsulate it. This same technology powers through layers of grime on engine components to uncover a factory-new looking engine.

McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser is not what you’d expect from an engine degreaser. It has no harsh fumes and it is nontoxic, VOC-free, biodegradable, and safe on any hard, non-textile surface.We’ve replaced the butyl, butyl ethers, and acid with safe, nonirritating cleaners. McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser is VOC compliant in all 50 states.

Application

The engine compartment on my Jeep was in pretty decent shape but just had some typical dealer applied goopy engine dressing. I lightly applied McKee's Engine Degreaser across the engine bay area. I then used some old brushes and MF towels to agitate. I followed up with some ONR in a spray bottle to wipe down the areas and get everything clean.

Thoughts

1) Scent: McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser had no caustic chemical smell and was a pleasure to work with.
2) Cleaning ability: Excellent-McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser cut through the grime and accumulated dirt with ease.
3) Staining: No staining at all of the surrounding painted areas. I definite plus for those that would have painted parts in their engine bay.

Once clean I applied 303 Aerospace and wiped down any excess. All and all I found it to be an excellent product for the money.

The results:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h48/Pats300zx/McKees%2037%20Engine%20Degreaser/tn_Photo%20Apr%2016%203%2036%2042%20PM.jpg

PA DETAILER
04-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Used this today. My fav. engine degreaser. Worth ordering.

haris300
04-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Good stuff. I'm a big fan since it doesn't have a nasty chemical odor. Thanks for sharing!

Justin at Final Inspection
04-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Awesome! Love this stuff too

Jaretr1
04-19-2016, 12:36 PM
I tried it to...ironically to clean my oil catch pan. I had run out of gunk engine degreaser which I normally use to clean the pan. I had forgot I even had this. Gunk breaks up the oil residue and allows me to clean the pan easily. Much to my surprise, this did the same easy job on the oil in the pain, without the harsh chemical smell.