PDA

View Full Version : Doing touch up spots

stanza387
04-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Hey guys,
So this past weekend I did a full detail restoration to my black Buick Lacrosse. Although I am very happy with the results and the performance of the products used, there's still a LOT of spots on the car that need work. Most spots are scratches that r just too deep (i can catch them with my finger nail) to fix with my Porter Cable and I'm just not good enough for a rotary (this was my first real detail job). So my question is, since I went used swirl remover, finishing glaze, and then synthetic sealant do I need remove all my sealant in order to do more work on the car? Or can I just wash it real good (it's already been clayed) and goto work on the spots I want to work on?

Rsurfer
04-18-2016, 05:24 PM
Hey guys,
So this past weekend I did a full detail restoration to my black Buick Lacrosse. Although I am very happy with the results and the performance of the products used, there's still a LOT of spots on the car that need work. Most spots are scratches that r just too deep (i can catch them with my finger nail) to fix with my Porter Cable and I'm just not good enough for a rotary (this was my first real detail job). So my question is, since I went used swirl remover, finishing glaze, and then synthetic sealant do I need remove all my sealant in order to do more work on the car? Or can I just wash it real good (it's already been clayed) and goto work on the spots I want to work on?

Are you saying your going to try to compound the rids? If so, I would just live with it.

A

stanza387
04-18-2016, 06:16 PM
What do u mean by rids? Really I just wanna practice using my Porter Cable lol.. I don't really care about the car it's just an everyday rider.. Also what about working on plastic bumpers? Does anyone have any links to any good articles or videos on this?

Rsurfer
04-18-2016, 06:44 PM
What do u mean by rids? Really I just wanna practice using my Porter Cable lol.. I don't really care about the car it's just an everyday rider.. Also what about working on plastic bumpers? Does anyone have any links to any good articles or videos on this?

RIDS=Random Isolated Deep Scratches..It sounded like you were anal about your ride. You didn't say you wanted to practice using your buffer.:pc7424::awman::rolleyes: