PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Wash and Iron-x

ILsolsticelvr
04-18-2016, 02:12 PM
Hello All,

So I just ordered some of the Blackfire Wet Diamond rinseless wash. I've used iron-x to decontaminate my paint but have always done so while/after doing a 2 bucket wash. Can I use the rinseless solution to wash off the iron-x? The car is new to me (2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP) and has been through a 2 bucket recently and is fairly clean. I just need to decontaminate and clay prior to polishing.

Thanks for your input.

JeffM
04-18-2016, 02:35 PM
I hose it off and then do a rinseless wash.

Setec Astronomy
04-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Sure, that will work, I just wouldn't be sticking my bare hands in a rinseless bucket that's been "contaminated" with IronX.

Britsdaddy
04-18-2016, 04:36 PM
I agree with this

ILsolsticelvr
04-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Sure, that will work, I just wouldn't be sticking my bare hands in a rinseless bucket that's been "contaminated" with IronX.

Thanks, that never even entered my thought process!

Mantilgh
04-18-2016, 09:48 PM
I think you would need to thoroughly rinse to flush it out of all the cracks if you spray it on. You could try doing it with a sponge and going lighter on the product.

Directions copied from CarPro-US

Directions:
1.-Shake the bottle.

2.-You can cover the surface with Iron X by spraying it everywhere but that can be wasteful. I recommend that you spray as needed and spread it with a small sponge or applicator to cover the entire surface. You may also consider using an atomizer type spray bottle or HVLP gun. In any case evenly cover the surfaces you wish to decontaminate. The product is strong so you don’t have to be wasteful. Just make sure it contacts the entire surface.

3.-Allow the product to dwell for 5 minutes in the shade. Do not allow it to dry in the sun. On light colored paints you will see the product dissolving ferrous particles as it turns color. On darker colored paints everything is happening in exactly the same way. It’s simply more difficult for you to view the color changing affect. I have read people saying the product works better on lighter colored cars but that is illogical and is not the case. It works the same regardless of car color.

4.-After allowing to dwell take a damp (not soaked) grout or other paint safe sponge (or other media if you prefer) and agitate the surface.

5.-Thoroughly rinse the surface.

Don’t forget to rinse your media out also. I like to have a dedicated Iron X sponge but that isn’t necessary.

chet31
04-21-2016, 02:17 AM
Short answer, yes, you can use ONR or whatever to rinse Iron-X.