PDA

View Full Version : Meguair's Quick Detailer odor

jwgreen6
04-18-2016, 08:34 AM
I used Meguiar's Quick Detailer that came with their clay-bar kit. The first thing that hit me between my eyes was the odor which gave me a mind s-p-l-i-t-t-i-n-g headache. Has anyone else experienced this effect with MQD or any other product?

KneeDragr
04-18-2016, 08:47 AM
The DP interior stuff made me ill feeling. Its like a mix of synthetic banana and brake cleaner.

white97
04-18-2016, 09:23 AM
I've never had that expereince with megs qd

expdetailing
04-18-2016, 09:33 AM
The Meg's Quick Interior Detailer's smell, for me, has varied from bottle to bottle. It used to smell very pleasant, and that's the main reason I used it. However, lately, it smells like rancid vinegar.

dlc95
04-18-2016, 10:42 AM
No, just Menzerna FG400.

vanev
04-18-2016, 10:52 AM
I have purchased both the clay kit and a quart size bottle of the Meguiars Quik Detailer in the last month or so.
No issues at all.
Product smelled wonderful as always.

crasiman
04-18-2016, 11:07 AM
The Meg's Quick Interior Detailer's smell, for me, has varied from bottle to bottle. It used to smell very pleasant, and that's the main reason I used it. However, lately, it smells like rancid vinegar.

I've had the same issue. I have a couple of bottles of the stuff and was really diggin' it, but the last time I used it I definitely got a lot of the vinegar smell and was a bit surprised.

BillE
04-19-2016, 07:35 AM

I've had the same issue. I have a couple of bottles of the stuff and was really diggin' it, but the last time I used it I definitely got a lot of the vinegar smell and was a bit surprised.

Give Meguiar's a call (the number is on the back of the bottle), they seemed to have had a problem with a couple of batches.

Bill