PDA

View Full Version : meguires pro quick interior details - Looking for opinions

Stegs
04-18-2016, 07:27 AM
ok guys, got a couple questions for you

I was detailing a few cars this weekend. Doing the interiors on my wifes car i used chemical guys silk shine....which is great stuff! I love everything about it, but the price

Then i did my truck, i used mother VLR. I found that the VLR cleans very well but not alot of shine....more of a dull finish (i like a little shine)

So then im wondering, since i need to order more interior detailer, what about the meguires professional interior?

I love the xpress spray wax and the non acid wheel cleaner. For the price its great. So im leaning towards the professional line for the interior, but how is the shine?

Also, watching auto fetish detail, he uses the xpress spray wax on the interior with great results, anybody else do that?

long story short, is there a good shine to the pro quick detailer, or is it a dull finish?

should i just use the xpress spray wax?

Setec Astronomy
04-18-2016, 08:23 AM
The Quick Interior Detailer from the Detailer line is the same product as the consumer/OTC QID. It's a cleaner, not a dressing, although it does provide some UV protection.

I think the more equivalent product to the ones you mentions would be: Meguiars Water Based Dressing 128 oz., vinyl and rubber dressing, dash dressing, engine dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/water-based-vinyl-dressing.html)

briarpatch
04-18-2016, 08:25 AM
I use Meguiars Natural Shine on interiors.....very nice, low sheen finish....best of all, you can get it at WalMart for under 5.00.

shagnat
04-24-2016, 02:34 PM
:iagree: :xyxthumbs: :dblthumb2:

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer leaves a very slight sheen. If you're looking for a dressing, use a separate cleaner then dress with Silk Shine. The Silk Shine will last longer. I have a few customers who like the shine interior look, and I keep a bottle of Silk Shine on hand. I will clean the interior with ONR at rinseless or APC for bad stuff, then dress with Silk Shine.