PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Mirror Glaze Products

hgangesh
04-18-2016, 06:46 AM
Hey Mike,

See a lot of your posts and videos. This is My First Post! and yes I am newbie

Moved over to hot and sandy Dubai 2 years ago. In the past, been using Meguiars Consumer products such as UC/UP and Gold Class Wax. Over here detailing is big business but at the same time very costly. A great job could cost anywhere upwards of $500.00.

I have been trying to get my car (BMW F30 335i Melbourne Red) to look great using Meguiars consumer products. Has a lot of fine swirl marks & scratches thanks to parking lots and the sand. I do the car by hand as I live in an Apartment complex hence no tools. Car looks great for a few weeks but thanks to harsh Weather looks dull quite soon. Do this whole process every 3-4 months.

Thinking of trying Mirror Glaze in the following order, Clay, M105, M205, M07, M21 and M26 Yellow wax (Yes all by Hand).

Need your advice if this would be an overkill.

Cheers!

Mike Phillips
04-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Since this is your first post...

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Thinking of trying Mirror Glaze in the following order,
Clay,
M105,
M205,
M07, <-- Not needed and won't really benefit after M205 and before wax.

M21 and M26 Yellow wax <-- Pick one or the other. M21 is a cleaner/sealant and M26 is a non-cleaning wax

(Yes all by Hand). <--- You're a better man than me...

A couple of comments...

If this is a daily driver and parked outside all the time and you're going to work by hand then how about keeping it simple?

Get a bottle of Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax or ColorX and apply by hand working a small section at a time. Do a great job of applying a single product and wiping off a single product instead of applying and wiping off 3 separate products. Because most people I've met in my life DON'T have the knowledge, experience, skill or physical ability to correctly work a compound or polish to scratch sensitive clearcoat paints my guess is you'll get just as good results using a simple cleaner/wax.

Instead of doing so many steps do less steps and do the one step cleaner wax routine more often. You're paint will look great for a daily driver, you won't kill yourself and you'll save a lot of time.

Hope that helps...

:)

hgangesh
04-23-2016, 04:29 AM
Hi Mike,

Thanks a ton Mike for the guidance.

I will keep things simple as guided with the Cleaner/Wax or color X. Its just that I am seeing a zillion swirls marks and it bugs me no end. I would love to have that show car finish :-). Over here driving it akin to being sand blasted everyday. I invested in DA polisher, turned it on and had the whole neighbourhood howling, hence all by hand. Plus most places, don't have the conviction for them its a business and quantity over quality.