PDA

View Full Version : IF I want to use MEGS UC would I skip Klasse AIO and go straight to Klasse sealant

Pages : [1] 2

dakota04
04-17-2016, 01:22 PM
I have been using Klasse AIO with Klasse sealant for year on my 12 year old truck and have been VERY happy with it. We have a 2002 Dodge Durango Blue that has been neglected and now its time to work on it. It has swirls and I am sure some scratches. I don't need to have it look great but I need to make it look better. I want to use Megs UC but if I do would I skip the AIO and go straight to the sealant?
Any help would be appreciated.

WaxMaster1
04-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Yes, I would skip the AIO step. Klasse AIO has minimal correction. I would pay attention to how well the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound finishes out for you. If anything, you might need a polishing step in there.

JeffM
04-17-2016, 01:57 PM
UC might need an additional polish after to remove some slight hazing, depending. Aside from that KAIO is used mostly as a base and cleaner so that KSG will bond to the paint. You can skip the KAIO if you used an IPA wipedown , or Eraser is popular now a days.

dakota04
04-17-2016, 02:36 PM
What is an IPA wipedown?

FUNX650
04-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Personally...
I would use K-AIO after using a
compound...even if it was UC!

K-AIO has the potential to clean-up any
compounding-"micromarring", etc.;
(another time to use a "swirl-finder" light).

And lest I forget: How about it also
performing as the recommended base,
or prestep, for the K-HGSG application.

After all:
Isn't that at least one of the reasons
that they are called the "Klasse Twins"?

Bob

custmsprty
04-17-2016, 03:07 PM
Yes, I would skip the AIO step. Klasse AIO has minimal correction. I would pay attention to how well the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound finishes out for you. If anything, you might need a polishing step in there.

Hey brother, check out my Avatar, sorry but I one upped you Im the MAN

TroyScherer
04-17-2016, 04:22 PM
No !!! Absolutely not !!

Meg's UC is very oily and will need to be fully cleaned off / removed before KSG. Spit he Klasse AIO will clean the paint and Meg's UC while leaving the base layer for KSG. They are made to work best as a system.

Can you skip it? Sure but you won't get the full results possible if you do the steps and the full process.

dakota04
04-18-2016, 12:20 AM
I am not against using AIO I love the stuff so that sounds great to me. Well, tomorrow am I wash the beast and see what I need/should do. If I do use MEGS UC do I wash it and then go with AIO or just go straight to AIO?

WaxMaster1
04-18-2016, 12:29 AM

Dude, not fair. Now I gotsta get me a new avatar.

duffthebluff
04-18-2016, 01:14 AM

Nice avatar man! Why are you standing all alone in your picture? :)

Anyway, with regards to the question, can this be the same principle when using other AIO? Like HD Speed for instance.

In my case, I do believe it would make more sense if you UC first then AIO after.

custmsprty
04-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Dude, not fair. Now I gotsta get me a new avatar.

He gets his haircut where I've been going for about 15+ years. My lady whose been cutting my hair for that long, her son cuts his. He's a great guy. It's an old school barber shop, it was jut me and John in the shop that day so she got him to take the pic.

JeffM
04-18-2016, 02:42 PM
Google the John Sena prank call, some funny stuff.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-18-2016, 03:47 PM
To the people saying you do or you dont that is the wrong answer.

They dont know if you do or if you dont.

You have to determine that, after your first step, with UC use a inspection light if you see any haze or micro marring then go behind it with your send step process.

If you dont see any haze or marring, go to your sealant.

If your still unsure, do one side with the second process and the other leave untouched see if you can tell a difference.

Every paint is different UC might finish beautiful on your paint, or it might not.

You have to determine that.

If the UC finishes nice, make sure you remove all the oils before the the sealing step

dakota04
04-24-2016, 11:30 AM
Sounds good. Thank you guys for all the advice.

TTQ B4U
04-24-2016, 11:52 AM
To the people saying you do or you dont that is the wrong answer.

They dont know if you do or if you dont.

You have to determine that, after your first step, with UC use a inspection light if you see any haze or micro marring then go behind it with your send step process.

If you dont see any haze or marring, go to your sealant.

If your still unsure, do one side with the second process and the other leave untouched see if you can tell a difference.

Every paint is different UC might finish beautiful on your paint, or it might not.

You have to determine that.

If the UC finishes nice, make sure you remove all the oils before the the sealing step

I've used UC on a number of paints and it finishes nicely but has yet to finish so nice a polish hasn't helped. This is with foam pads on a PC Unit so YMMV.