PDA

View Full Version : Not getting clean

frankprozzoly
04-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Maybe I'm being too nit picky but I want these areas clean. I can't get around the lettering clean. Probably needs polished but I'm afraid of not putting the letters back properly if I remove them. Then theres the front grill. I'm using this brush cause I'm afraid of scratches but it's just not stiff enough. I'm cleaning the headlights with it too. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Dmb5450
04-16-2016, 05:27 PM
I do what I can with my small boar's hair brush, then I'll rinse with my pressure washer, trying to hit the letters at various angles. I then kind of floss a thin towel around those areas. If I am still missing areas I'll take a thin object and wrap a long nap towel around it and try to get any remaining dirt. I am usually happy with the results.

Don M
04-16-2016, 11:57 PM
Q-Tips

Eldorado2k
04-17-2016, 12:01 AM
Get a paint brush and cut the bristles down to a short length to make them firm. Then spray APC onto the brush and have at it.

mwoolfso
04-17-2016, 12:03 AM
Qtips and/or a soft toothbrush with some polish will do the trick. The technique with the toothbrush (to avoid swirls) is to polish using the sides of the bristles. Works wonders!

ducksfan
04-17-2016, 01:54 AM
Get something like what Carrand sells with the silicon ends. Wrap one of the microfibers they make for computer screens ( some sell them as glass cleaners ) around the tip and use whatever cleaner works best for you.

lawrenceSA
04-17-2016, 03:00 AM
Something that works well for me is to take some Autofinesse Tripple.... use qtips tips to kinda lay it on heavy in and around the lettering and let it sit a bit, then gently use the q-tips to 'rub/polish' the dirt away (you may go through a few q-tips).... wipe any excess product up with a nice mf towel and you are sorted.

DBAILEY
04-17-2016, 04:03 AM
Q-tips and a AIO (UC works good at this too) to clean around the lettering on the back of the car. Northern Tools has these packets with like 500 very durable cotton swabs on wooden sticks of all different sizes for engine parts cleaning for like $10. I can usually find one that is just the right size. For the front grill try using the smallest Wheel Woolie to clean up the openings in the grill. Stick into the openings of the grill then swirl it around the opening and then in and out a few times while pressed into the corners to get that embedded dirt out. It does a great job of cleaning those inner surfaces of the grill where those detailing brushes are difficult to use.

I must have spent at least an hour cleaning up a Jag XF grill like that. Too many openings. I started to loose my mind by the time I was fininshed

TimboCLE
04-17-2016, 06:37 AM
For the grill, spray it with wheel brighter and let sit for a moment then agitate with a long bristle softer brush.

WAXOFF
04-17-2016, 08:23 AM
Buy a Tornado Black.