PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Megs Ultimate Quick Wax - VS Chemicals Guys Instawax+

srpurdy
04-15-2016, 04:45 PM
This is just a text review of these two products. As I have both of them. Megs being a true retail product, I was unsure of it, but I heard a lot of good things about it. So I picked up a bottle.

Product: Chemicals Guys Instawax+

Thoughts: Applying the wax is very easy, which it should be for a quick wax. However it drys pretty quickly and can be quite annoying to buff off. I found I had to work in small sections. The end result however. It does add a nice shine to the car after it is applied. Great as a topper.

Pros:
Easy application
Great Shine

Cons:
Hard to buff off.
Can't be applied in direct sunlight without having extra trouble to remove it.

Product: Meguires Ultimate Quick Wax

Thoughts: As per above. I heard great things about this quick wax. Application is super easy, and buffing off is not only easy. It is a pleasure! I also love the fact I can apply this in direct sunlight without any problems. It can also be applied on plastic trim! Shine is as good as the CG One above. I don't really notice a difference, but the ease of use makes this a better product.

Pros:
Easy On
Super easy Off
Can be applied in direct sunlight
Can be applied on plastic parts without stains
Great Shine

Cons:
Gallon format is not available (Detailer line) in Canada without paying an erroneous amount of money. (I beg megs to fix this!) I'd buy a gallon tomorrow if I could find it under $60 CAD (With free shipping) (no border costs)

I like both products, but all in all the Megs is the winner in this head to head battle. :)

Hokie335i
04-15-2016, 07:03 PM
I've experienced similar results with the instawax. Can't be applied in the sunlight at all but does look great once applied. I saw good durability out of it as well.

ViperGuy21
04-15-2016, 07:12 PM
I never had any issues removing Instawax. Did you give it time to dry? It's not recommended as a wowo product

srpurdy
04-16-2016, 05:53 PM
I never had any issues removing Instawax. Did you give it time to dry? It's not recommended as a wowo product

Yes. The biggest issue with it, was simply that ANY sunlight made it hard to remove. It is not hard as removing a cheap paste wax, or if you put too much paste wax, but not exactly a "Quick" wax job either, and far from instant. Even with my criticism I still like the product. :)

VISITOR
04-16-2016, 08:28 PM
megs uqw is a great product...

FUNX650
04-16-2016, 10:45 PM
•I knew Meguiar's hit another one out of
the park when UQW first came to market.

•I still think the same way about it,
even after using it for over 5 years,
and counting!

Bob