PDA

View Full Version : Best product and process for hard plastic

Goin2drt
04-15-2016, 12:49 PM
I need some help. What is the best process and product to use on my sons 08 Honda CRV rear hard plastic bumper to bring it back to life. Also something that once applied does not need a lot of maintenance as he is not good at that.

Thanks.

ascarbo27
04-15-2016, 12:55 PM
i use chemical guys natural along with apc to clean it first then i apply that as a uv protectant,

Setec Astronomy
04-15-2016, 01:07 PM
What is your definition of "a lot of maintenance"?

One of the trim sealants like Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS), Ultima Tire & Trim Guard (UTTG) or Blackfire Total Trim and Tire Seal (BTTTS) lasts a fairly long time and are easy to apply. You'll just want to clean with APC beforehand as noted above.

If you want something more permanent, GTechniq C4, CarPro DLux, or Solution Finish would be indicated. Just make sure you level the first two after application so you don't wind up with it greying later.

Goin2drt
04-15-2016, 01:15 PM
Great. I like the WG, Ultima or Blackfire idea. How long will it stay looking nice under normal conditions before needed to be re-done? Guesstimate?

What is your definition of "a lot of maintenance"?

One of the trim sealants like Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS), Ultima Tire & Trim Guard (UTTG) or Blackfire Total Trim and Tire Seal (BTTTS) lasts a fairly long time and are easy to apply. You'll just want to clean with APC beforehand as noted above.

If you want something more permanent, GTechniq C4, CarPro DLux, or Solution Finish would be indicated. Just make sure you level the first two after application so you don't wind up with it greying later.

LSNAutoDetailing
04-15-2016, 01:31 PM
This has become my go to for trim & tires.

Blackfire All In One Trim & Tire Protectant

Cleans and protects tires, trim, engine bays, running boards, and more! BLACKFIRE All-In-One Trim & Tire Protectant Cleans, restores, protects, and beautifies exterior plastic trim and tires. Built-in cleaners remove embedded dirt from tires, including white walls. Use on tonneau covers, engine compartments, and plastic moldings. This unique formula dries to the touch and will not sling.

For a semi-perm solution, CQDlux

Setec Astronomy
04-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Great. I like the WG, Ultima or Blackfire idea. How long will it stay looking nice under normal conditions before needed to be re-done? Guesstimate?

It depends on your climate and whether the car is outside all the time. Those products will slowly fade but take much longer than the oily type of dressing it appears is on there now. I would say you should get at least 6 months with WETS before you would need to reapply, perhaps up to a year, but it won't look fresh at a year, that's for sure.