PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Support?

Sunshyne
04-14-2016, 07:43 PM
My trusty 21 is my go to but I would like to send it in to have serviced and given a once over. Do I contact AG or Rupes direct for this?

Mike lambert
04-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Contact Kevin Brown

custmsprty
04-14-2016, 08:12 PM
GOOGLE is your best friend.

I googled Rupes Service centers. :buffing:

RUPES USA, Inc. repairs Cyclo and RUPES brand tools in Colorado. For RUPES tools only, you have the additional option of repair in Tennessee at our authorized repair center 1 800 Tool Repair. Click to be directed to this company.

VISITOR
04-14-2016, 10:57 PM
unfortunately, that's one thing that rupes is lacking in and that is customer service IME...

Dylan@RUPES
04-18-2016, 05:41 PM
We can service the tool for you here in our Colorado facility, full factory level repair and build capability in house. Of course there are other options that are great like BuffDaddy if hes more geographically desirable. Either way you can get your tool serviced at a number of places.

unfortunately, that's one thing that rupes is lacking in and that is customer service IME...

Really? Thats an interesting statement and I'd be happy to discuss it if you would contact me (PM or email dylanv@rupesusa.com) to elaborate on exactly has lead you to feel that way.

JeffM
04-18-2016, 06:13 PM
That is good to know for me personally anyhow :)

dlc95
04-18-2016, 08:17 PM
I would love to repair polishers...

Dylan@RUPES
04-19-2016, 12:39 PM
I would love to repair polishers...

The basics like cords, carbon brushes, etc are pretty easy if you've got even a tiny bit of DIY handiness in your blood and all the parts are available for purchase either thru distributors or our facility here in Colorado.

dlc95
04-19-2016, 01:57 PM
The basics like cords, carbon brushes, etc are pretty easy if you've got even a tiny bit of DIY handiness in your blood and all the parts are available for purchase either thru distributors or our facility here in Colorado.

I've done all those types of repairs. I actually enjoy it!

rlmccarty2000
04-19-2016, 05:04 PM
Rupes has excellent customer support. I had a pad problem and it was very quickly resolved. I've never had a Rupes polisher problem and that says volumes on its own.

Freshjive44
04-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Contact Kevin Brown

Good luck with that. He never answers the phone number listed on the website and doesn't return messages.

Jaretr1
04-19-2016, 06:45 PM
I havent had a need to get my Rupes serviced, but just from the quick responses Dylan and Todd provide regarding Rupes questions on this forum, I would say their support is excellent. Not many companies have representatives hanging out on forums such as this one providing help for their products.

swanicyouth
04-19-2016, 09:05 PM
I don't think the machine ever needs a "once over" or routine maintenance.

Just use it. If something breaks - address it.

1. If it's a plastic piece or something, you can order them online. Or, if you bought it from AGO - talk to Nick - he may send you the piece for free.

2. If the BP is beat or bent - replace it.

3. If the machine has an electrical problem, it's probably not super hard to figure out what part is bad - order it and replace it.

4. If the spindle mechanism gets bent or damaged - you may be able to order that as well.

But, it's a $400 unit. Eventually, you will have to replace it if you are using it 24/7.

WaxMaster1
04-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Good luck with that. He never answers the phone number listed on the website and doesn't return messages.

I'll second that. I wrote him a nice email asking him a question and...........................crickets.