PDA

View Full Version : Griots VS Adams Polishes // AND SPEED SHINE QUESTION

Pages : [1] 2 3

uhohitsstevo
04-13-2016, 09:42 PM
So I am inquiring about what you think the better brand or line of products is. I have used both and obviously prefer some of the Griots stuff over certain Adams stuff but I also am looking to bulk buy some gallons of certain products. I noticed the Griots stuff is slightly cheaper in price. What do you prefer.

Also, Is Griots Speed Shine like a quick detailer? Can this be used as a drying assistant. I know a lot of people that use the Adams Detailer to spray on the car while wet before they dry the car.

AZpolisher15
04-14-2016, 12:33 AM
Yeah the speed shine is a quick detailer. It's a nice product. Great lubricity and shine. Yes you can use it as a drying aid. In fact, that's what I've been using mine for. I prefer Duragloss wash and wax for touch ups simply due to the better shine and I think it's a little better with resisting dust. I prob won't buy the griots again. It just didn't knock my socks off like some products do. But there's nothing wrong with the griots. I'd say if the price is right it'd be a fine product for a bulk purchase. It does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

kaliagent2001
04-14-2016, 12:46 AM
I only speak of Adams, sorry if you're a fan who reads this but for just some reason I didn't care for the Polish or quick detail. Detail thought for what it did it was too pricy, polish just didn't finish well but hey, im not old school anymore. I want quick results not no two polishes when u think one should and can do the job.

Mike Phillips
04-14-2016, 07:40 AM
Like most brands, these two companies have products that really shine, (no pun intended), and products that fill a space in the line.

Sometimes the best thing to do outside of asking for opinions from others on this forum is to go for it and order the product you're interested in and then give it a test run.

:)

Nick McKees37
04-14-2016, 08:00 AM
So I am inquiring about what you think the better brand or line of products is. I have used both and obviously prefer some of the Griots stuff over certain Adams stuff but I also am looking to bulk buy some gallons of certain products. I noticed the Griots stuff is slightly cheaper in price. What do you prefer.

Also, Is Griots Speed Shine like a quick detailer? Can this be used as a drying assistant. I know a lot of people that use the Adams Detailer to spray on the car while wet before they dry the car.

I can only speak for Griot's Garage since that product line is actually sold at Autogeek (the store that supports this free discussion forum), but I can tell you from personal experience that their products are top notch, from Speed Shine to BOSS polishers, pads and polishes.

TheCougarGuy
04-14-2016, 08:28 AM
I have been using Speed Shine for years and love it. I buy it by the gallon. I use it after drying, as a quick detailer and as a clay (or prep towel) lubricant.

kevincwelch
04-14-2016, 08:49 AM
Sometimes the best thing to do outside of asking for opinions from others on this forum is to go for it and order the product you're interested in and then give it a test run. :)

Agree! But be warned: you can have a lot of fun spending a lot of money getting to those products that really shine. In the end, however, you'll have a cabinet full of detailing products that will cover just about any job....not to mention make great pictures for those "show us your gear" threads.

:dblthumb2:

chops1sc
04-14-2016, 08:55 AM
I like Mike's response and I usually follow this philosophy. I enjoy trying out different products that claim to do the same thing. I usually end up going with the best price per ounce OR if they offer a concentrate. Example: I have been using Meguiars wheel brightener on my truck's wheels since it has ceramic brakes and won't turn color with all the new wheel cleaners out there. But I bought some Adam's new wheel cleaner anyway just to see how it works. I can always use it as an Iron remover if I am out of IronX. They both work awesome as wheel cleaners goes but I will still end up using the Meguiars since I can make many gallons with the concentrate. It never hurts to try different brands. Just my $.02!

kevinmfitz
04-14-2016, 10:03 AM
I have been using Adams stuff for about 10 years now. They make outstanding products across the board. I have also used some excellent products from autogeek as well. I have used XMT, Wolfgang products and some Carpro products.

In my opinion the Adam's detail spray is the best I have used. Try a bottle out and see what you think.

Matt@Revive
04-14-2016, 10:34 AM
it you are talking just quick detailers i like the Adam's over Griots. both are really good, but i like the feel of the Adam's better. i use Adam's products for most of my maintenance washes.

to me their compound and polish fall short, they dry out too quick when using higher machine speeds. the Griots BOSS creams work really well, i was impressed after my first use.

like Mike said, you won't know untill you try for yourself!

custmsprty
04-14-2016, 10:37 AM
When are some posters going to figure it out that this forum is for discussing products sold by Autogeek as they sponsor the free forum :doh:

I'm pretty sure that applies to Adams products which are not sold by AG.

RaskyR1
04-14-2016, 10:51 AM
I can't speak for the Adams polishes but the new Griot's BOSS line of polishes are some of the best available today IMO, though they are not very cheap.

uhohitsstevo
04-14-2016, 11:48 AM
So is griots speed shine is the same as quick detailer from Adams and the speed shine can be used to help with drying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uhohitsstevo
04-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Just different names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chops1sc
04-14-2016, 12:13 PM
When are some posters going to figure it out that this forum is for discussing products sold by Autogeek as they sponsor the free forum :doh:

I'm pretty sure that applies to Adams products which are not sold by AG.
I understand the position AG is put in with this forum. However, They would be ignorant to think everyone on here ONLY buys from AG. I don't think there is anything wrong with a LITTLE comparison. There is a big difference in promoting a product or brand not sold by AG and a simple comparison.