PDA

View Full Version : Turtle wax ice products

Buster906
04-13-2016, 08:49 PM
I found Turtle wax sealant on clearance, less than 4 dollars and a bottle of Turtle wax ice spray. I always use my wife's Durango as my guinea pig. I applied the sealant first and then the Ice wax. On my truck I did an ipa wipe. I applied a coating of the sealant to my white finish. I was about to begin with the ice wax. I was using the blue microfiber towel from Griots Garage, a great towel. I noticed what I can only describe as fiber looking material on my hood. The ice wax would not remove the fibers. I tried 3D final touch and no go. So I brought out PC 7424XP with a mf bonnet around the white pad glued to the backing plate that comes with the PC. The PC and my bonnet removed the fibers. Once the fibers were gone, my white truck has a wet look again. Prior to this detailing, I had applied Mckee's jeweling polish. To dark currently for photos.

Setec Astronomy
04-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Um...ok, thanks.

7.3powerstroke
04-13-2016, 10:35 PM
:applause:

Phaze Automotive
04-14-2016, 12:20 AM
Sounds to me like you either didn't apply or buff the sealant properly.

Mike Phillips
04-14-2016, 07:42 AM
I found Turtle wax sealant on clearance, less than 4 dollars and a bottle of Turtle wax ice spray. I always use my wife's Durango as my guinea pig. I applied the sealant first and then the Ice wax. On my truck I did an ipa wipe. I applied a coating of the sealant to my white finish. I was about to begin with the ice wax. I was using the blue microfiber towel from Griots Garage, a great towel.

I noticed what I can only describe as fiber looking material on my hood.

The ice wax would not remove the fibers. I tried 3D final touch and no go. So I brought out PC 7424XP with a mf bonnet around the white pad glued to the backing plate that comes with the PC. The PC and my bonnet removed the fibers. Once the fibers were gone, my white truck has a wet look again.

Might have been some linting from the towel that stuck to the Ice wax?

Prior to this detailing, I had applied Mckee's jeweling polish.

You mean the McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax?

What did you think of the Jeweling Wax?

:)

Buster906
04-15-2016, 08:23 AM
The Mckee's 37 jeweling polish is a superior product. The working or open time phenomenal. I used Mckee's in direct sunlight with no issues. Left my white finish looking wet as I have not achieved with other products. I will definitely order again.

Setec Astronomy
04-15-2016, 08:28 AM
The Mckee's 37 jeweling polish is a superior product. The working or open time phenomenal. I used Mckee's in direct sunlight with no issues. Left my white finish looking wet as I have not achieved with other products. I will definitely order again.

So after that, you felt the need to follow it with "on clearance" Turtle Wax, which caused all the problems you described in your first post? And, since I hadn't really understood the point of your initial post...the point is that McKee's products are way better than Turtle Wax?

Buster906
04-15-2016, 08:37 AM
The reason I applied the other product was just to see what kind of result I would get. I enjoy experimenting with products.

Billy Baldone
04-15-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm sad..... That I clicked on this thread. Oh well, I'm off to see what Walmart has on clearance to put on my freshly coated new car..

Mike Phillips
04-15-2016, 09:04 AM
The reason I applied the other product was just to see what kind of result I would get.

I enjoy experimenting with products.

Nothing wrong with that...

:xyxthumbs:

Buster906
04-15-2016, 09:58 AM
Thank you for being understanding Sir

A2D Signature
04-15-2016, 10:25 AM
At first I thought this guy was trolling

FUNX650
04-15-2016, 10:34 AM
As to Turtle Wax...
I received the following advice from
Yvonne, a good friend of the Family:

[Quote]:
•I don't believe tortoises' shells needs
any "topical treatments".
-Instead:
If you want to clean the shell, just use
warm water and a soft bristle brush.

•However...if you DO decide to use
"a topical treatment" on their shell:
-be sure to rub it in well.

-Then, remove any remnants of the
topical using a clean, absorbent cloth.

•The main thing to remember about using
"topicals" on tortoise shells is:
-Don't leave a whole lot on the shell...

-It could lead to substrate sticking to the
tortoise—the source of one of its most
annoying nemeses: Overheating.
[/Unquote]

Bob

vanev
04-15-2016, 11:20 AM
I am a big fan of the Turtle Wax ICE Line of products.
Not every single one, but most of them.
The tire shine is not good, and the interior detailer cleaner is average at best, but the other ICE products have performed fantastic for me.

In regards to your situation, you have a lot of products being used in tandem.
As of this moment, it is not really clear to us the condition of the car nor time spance between product uses.
You also have separate brands used in tandem with each other in the McKee's and the Turtle Wax.

Mike Phillips probably nailed it with fibers from from the towels as the culprit here.
However, we can only really guess as to the direct cause of the issue you stated in your OP.
It is also important to not only wash, but machine dry all your microfiber towels when they are new, before using them.
Most microfiber towels will lint when new.
Washing and drying them will remove most all excess lint.

Zubair
04-15-2016, 12:10 PM
The reason I applied the other product was just to see what kind of result I would get. I enjoy experimenting with products.

Me too, its what makes detailing fun. On a side note I have not been a fan of Turtle Wax products after using a few and now 90% of the stuff I use are what AG sells, the remaining 10% eg. Angelwax aren't available here.