PDA

View Full Version : Where are my Dallas area geeks at

Pages : [1] 2

refreshauto
04-13-2016, 01:46 PM
There is a good chance that i am going to need some help in the next day or so. I work for Nick Chapman at Nicks Custom Detailing. We have a lot going on and could be in need of some help. There is a good possibility that we have to go to Gas Monkey and work on a few cars there. Part of that deal is that you have to sign a nondisclosure agreement that you will not post any pictures of any of the cars we work on until after the episode airs. Also there is no asking for autographs or selfies with any one in the shop. This is not to make you make you famous, we are there to do a job. There is one simple instruction. Email direct at refreshauto@gmail.com. if you cannot follow this you will automatically be out.

ViperGuy21
04-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Wow, that would be awesome but unfortunately I'm quite busy over the next several days. And I'm not even 18 yet so I'm sure that would cause issues anyways lol

No wonder you work on such awesome cars, you work at Nick's! I've seen pics on the site and it's truly amazing work

refreshauto
04-13-2016, 02:36 PM
Wow, that would be awesome but unfortunately I'm quite busy over the next several days. And I'm not even 18 yet so I'm sure that would cause issues anyways lol

No wonder you work on such awesome cars, you work at Nick's! I've seen pics on the site and it's truly amazing work

Yea, definitely can't work at Gas Monkey, but if you ever want to come by the shop you are more than welcome

IslaTurbine
04-13-2016, 03:18 PM
Is Detail Werkz not detailing for Gas Monkey anymore?

ViperGuy21
04-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Yea, definitely can't work at Gas Monkey, but if you ever want to come by the shop you are more than welcome

I may just have to take you up on that one day!

refreshauto
04-13-2016, 04:05 PM
Is Detail Werkz not detailing for Gas Monkey anymore?

Not for a long time. We took over after doing the Packard

IslaTurbine
04-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Not for a long time. We took over after doing the Packard

Ah I didn't realize that. Congrats on the gig. I'm located on the north side of the DFW airport and have been to GM a few times. Definitely a neat place.

oldmodman
04-14-2016, 03:45 AM
Those guys are "famous"?

I would refrain from using that word until they win America's Most Beautiful Roadster and The Ridler Award. Or prepare a full restoration for Pebble Beach or Amelia island, And win there.

Four walling a reality show? Not so much. But then again. Kardashians.

But work is work. I'm sure that you will make what they have on the show shine like perfection.:dblthumb2:

refreshauto
04-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Those guys are "famous"?

I would refrain from using that word until they win America's Most Beautiful Roadster and The Ridler Award. Or prepare a full restoration for Pebble Beach or Amelia island, And win there.

Four walling a reality show? Not so much. But then again. Kardashians.

But work is work. I'm sure that you will make what they have on the show shine like perfection.:dblthumb2:

So your saying that just because they haven't built a riddler winner or haven't restored for pebble and Amelia it doesn't make them famous or respected car builders. Wonder what it makes the other great car builders that do the same thing. I have seen there builds up close and personal and they do great work. Aaron is meticulous and has great attention to detail. But i guess they will never get the respect they deserve cause of comments just like this

dcjredline
04-14-2016, 08:56 AM
Cool offer man!!!!! That would be a treat if I lived in Dallas

For the guy trying to define famous with some car shows...Id have to say the Rolling Stones/Grateful Dead are both "famous" and neither of them have done whatever it is you are talking about. Why does a couple car shows make one "famous"? LOL

jcaustin87
04-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Well this thread sure did jump the shark quickly.

refreshauto
04-16-2016, 07:20 PM
These were the cars we got to work on. Not a bad day at all.

refreshauto
04-16-2016, 07:23 PM
There was also an all original 67 mustang with only 7k miles on it, but we are not allowed to post any pictures. The cars has never been repainted, no interior work or engine work has been done to the car.

AZ Mike
04-16-2016, 08:38 PM
Looks like a great days work.

AZ Mike
04-21-2016, 10:36 PM
There was also an all original 67 mustang with only 7k miles on it, but we are not allowed to post any pictures. The cars has never been repainted, no interior work or engine work has been done to the car.

If that Mustang is red, I saw it on an episode of the show. Very nice.