PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions ?

rrecroc
04-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Greetings,

Hope everyone is doing well ............. spring temps just don't want to show themselves in eastern N.C. (in fact, out-of-season freezing temps have already damage emerging corn crops) but at least we are getting some sunshine and its not raining about everyday as it did from last October up to now.
I am not a fellow who enjoys trial and error exercises (I know some do) ..... both for time reasons, lack of patience and expense.
Therefore I am trying to save some time and energy by profiting from your expertise.
Money is not really a prime consideration for the products I am asking about ........ only quality or results and longevity as I have been known to go a year between car polishings.
I am seeking recommendations for products to be used on my car (my present vehicle is a 2012 Hyundai Elantra which I really love) on the following areas/materials.

Internal Plastic (dashboard, rear window shelf, door footplates, etc)

Cloth Seats (cleaners, preservers)

External Plastic (grills, door handle liners, roof inserts, bumpers, etc)

External/Internal Rubber (door mouldings, ???)

Tires (shine, protection)

Detergent for Washing

Wax or Synthetic Polish

If you know of a product that is top notch for any of these uses.
Just a name of the product is sufficient ...... no explanation necessary.
Thanks and best wishes.

Paul A.
04-13-2016, 12:28 PM
My new favorite plastic/rubber dressing is Car Pro Perl. I would suggest it for both internal and external plastics AND tire dressing. For door rubber seals i use GummiPledge to keep them soft and pliable for the life of the vehicle.

I also like Duragloss 902 for my weekly washes. I use a foam gun but would also use it in the traditional 2 bucket wash method too.

Bear in mind that you will get everyone's favorites here and they may be wide and varied. Anything suggested on this forum is good and you won't go wrong with anyone's ideas. You will eventually find which products YOU like from trying several different ones.

And welcome to AGO, rrecroc.

rrecroc
04-20-2016, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the recommendations ..... we're just now getting Spring temperatures.