PDA

View Full Version : Utility Cart Lighting?

AustrianOak82
04-13-2016, 09:13 AM
I have a shop that is roughly 1000 square feet and is fitted with four 8' bulb assemblys and six 4' bulb assemblys. They all have the same bulbs, 5000K. The shop itself has really good lighting but I am searching for something to use for paint correction on the side panels of the car mostly. I have tried the following methods:

Flex pen light - not powerful enough at all
1k watt headlamp - not ideal, frequent battery replacement
3,500 watt LED stand light - not powerful enough, inconvenient with the cord and cheap stands it comes with

Looking for other options. I am wondering if anyone has outfitted their detail cart with an LED light bar or something like that. I am thinking that might be my best option.

BillyJack
04-13-2016, 11:18 AM
I have an 110v. PAR 38 LED bulb in one of those squeeze clamp fixtures that I clamp on one of my cart shelves. I use it as side panel lighting, but it's close at hand and easy to grab for closer inspection when needed.

Bill

Paul A.
04-13-2016, 12:35 PM
That's a great idea BillyJack.

refreshauto
04-13-2016, 02:11 PM
You mean something like this. If you want for info message me. These are 6k lumen LED light bars that pull less than 1 amp each

AustrianOak82
04-26-2016, 06:59 AM
I have an 110v. PAR 38 LED bulb in one of those squeeze clamp fixtures that I clamp on one of my cart shelves. I use it as side panel lighting, but it's close at hand and easy to grab for closer inspection when needed.

Bill

Nice idea. Is this powerful enough though? I guess 14W seems low. What color temp did you go with?

BillyJack
04-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Mine are PAR 20 (sorry for the error in my first post) 500 lumens, 5000k temp. I suppose something brighter will work, but these are compact in size,
quite portable and I'm very happy with performance.

Bill

AustrianOak82
04-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Mine are PAR 20 (sorry for the error in my first post) 500 lumens, 5000k temp. I suppose something brighter will work, but these are compact in size,
quite portable and I'm very happy with performance.

Bill
Gotcha. I found a clamp lamp that holds up to 200 watts. I think I am going to try and find the highest lumen LED daylight bulb I can find and try that set up.

KimJungIllest
11-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Hello. That is a very cool set up. Wanted to know if that is a reg t8 tube or integrated tube? If it is a standard t8 tube what do u have connected to the ends so that you are able to just plug them in directly to outlet? Thanks

KimJungIllest
11-17-2018, 06:31 AM
You mean something like this. If you want for info message me. These are 6k lumen LED light bars that pull less than 1 amp each

Hello. That is a very cool set up. Wanted to know if that is a reg t8 tube or integrated tube? If it is a standard t8 tube what do u have connected to the ends so that you are able to just plug them in directly to outlet? Thanks

DetailDrivenEugene
11-17-2018, 12:34 PM
I have a craftsman resin two shelf cart with a snap on led worklight on each shelf. Works great! Got the lights from Costco, but I’ve seen them on amazon and eBay.