PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz UK Coating

SamUken78
04-12-2016, 10:32 PM
I have couple questions regarding coating as this would be my first time doing it.

Does anyone have a picture of an updated bottle label for Cquartz UK? I feel like the AG product image is out of date..

Will an normal IPA solution be sufficient in removing oil/polish or is CarPro Eraser required?

After applying the coating how long before buffing it off?

Can Cquartz be topped with some wax, or CarPro reload the best option?

LSNAutoDetailing
04-12-2016, 11:01 PM
I don't have a pic, I'm 3K miles from my Shop...

An IPA will work, but Corey from CarPro has a vid doing a comp of erasure and IPA. I use Erasure and I think it's fantastic. Nice smell too.

Application: Corey has a video on YouTube on how to apply. Buffing off can be 1 min to 5 mins. It depends on temps.... It's not an exact science. Do a test spot...

It is recommended to reload after 1
Hr. After that cure 1 hr. 24 hrs avoid getting wet and or dry the car immediately.

haris300
04-12-2016, 11:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/h3HcAY4.jpg

This bottle is only a couple of months old. Not sure if you wanted to see the back label.

I usually don't wait more than a 1 minute before wiping. I live in Texas so it never really gets too cold here. On the rare days where it's actually "cold", I wait around 2 minutes. On warmer days I can comfortably wipe it away pretty much immediately after application. I did it this way on my F355 around May of 2015 with no issues. Water behavior is still like it was freshly applied.

Navish360
04-13-2016, 12:06 AM
I also only wait ~1 min before wiping, since Texas is "normally" hot. It all comes down to temperature your working around. Alot of people avoid the cure times, resulting in varied final results of the coating.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-13-2016, 12:27 AM
I have couple questions regarding coating as this would be my first time doing it.

Does anyone have a picture of an updated bottle label for Cquartz UK? I feel like the AG product image is out of date..

Will an normal IPA solution be sufficient in removing oil/polish or is CarPro Eraser required?

After applying the coating how long before buffing it off?

Can Cquartz be topped with some wax, or CarPro reload the best option?

If your going to use cquartz i woukd highly recommend polishing with carpro essence.

If in coating with cquartz, rather it being a one step or 2 step, i will cut or finish with the second step with essence.

It is a primer for cquartz and there is no need for carpro eraser or a ipa wipedown.

I am not a fan of touching the paint after i polish it for hours, rubbing it with a towel, and ipa doesnt have the best lubricity in the world.

All i have to do is make sure the car is dust free, and i am ready for coating.

Definitely get carpro essence in your arsenal its amazing stuff !

SamUken78
04-13-2016, 01:07 AM
Will CarPro essence work if using HD speed which contains some sealent in it? Will it remove the HD Speed "sealent" to make a clean base for the coating?

GSKR
04-13-2016, 06:05 AM
Cq uk is a good product,although there are several coatings out there that are far more easier to use.mckees coating and pinnacle black label are so easy to use and provide outstanding results without all the potential promblems to cq uk for first timers.

AGOatemywallet
04-13-2016, 11:15 AM
Will CarPro essence work if using HD speed which contains some sealent in it? Will it remove the HD Speed "sealent" to make a clean base for the coating?

Why would you use Speed before Essence?

That makes no sense at all to me.

bryanviper
04-13-2016, 12:28 PM
UK has some scratch resistance do those other ones you mention have any scratch resistance/protection?

Thanks

Cq uk is a good product,although there are several coatings out there that are far more easier to use.mckees coating and pinnacle black label are so easy to use and provide outstanding results without all the potential promblems to cq uk for first timers.

Navish360
04-13-2016, 12:58 PM
There's no reason to use HD Speed, and CarPro Essence back to back.... They both are AIO's that have their own learning curves. If I was you just go with CarPro essence when doing the coating, since you eliminate the use of a IPA or CarPro Eraser. Essence serves as base to CQUK, which will eventually bond together for a strong protection/gloss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamUken78
04-15-2016, 11:43 PM
Also does anyone know if the item listed below, is a kit or an standalone? Its hard to tell considering the pictures are out-of-date.

CarPro Cquartz UK Edition 30 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-cquartz-uk-edition.html) Whats included in the box?

Rsurfer
04-16-2016, 02:49 AM
An applicator foam block, some suede applicators a suede towel a small bottle of Reload.

Navish360
04-16-2016, 02:53 AM
I thought those were completely separate kits to have a bottle of reload included. What about this kit http://www.autogeekmobile.net/cquartz-uk-50.html
I haven't ordered the kits from AutoGeek before, since I used to get them locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk