PDA

View Full Version : Nano sealant for a black semi? Or?

1960apache
04-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Hey Mike, I am glad I found this forum, I just purchased a black semi and have a few ideas what to do but would like a professional opinion. I will use the truck to pull an enclosed auto hauler with living quarters. What ideas do you have about making this as low and easy of maintenance as humanly possible? I am pretty sure I need to use Cquartz, Opticoat etc, it's just a lot of square feet to put 2-4 coats on, the sides I think I could handle, but I don't feel like doing any acrobat moves to treat the fairing on the top and would like to only have to deal with this once every 6-12 months. I have also been using CarPro Hydro2 when washing a car treated with Cquartz and it works great.

Also, what is a good bare, polished aluminum sealer, I see a few in the Autogeek store, but what seems to protect the longest?

I have nicknamed it "The black beast"

Thanks in advance.

GSKR
04-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Nice truck nothing looks nicer than a detailed semi.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Applying a coating to something like this can definitely be a chore, but if you have the time and effort; I would definitely do it. No need to do more than 2 coats honestly. Top with Hydro every 6 months or so.

1960apache
04-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Nice truck nothing looks nicer than a detailed semi.

Cool, does that mean your volunteering to help keep it clean ha!

1960apache
04-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Applying a coating to something like this can definitely be a chore, but if you have the time and effort; I would definitely do it. No need to do more than 2 coats honestly. Top with Hydro every 6 months or so.

Thanks, I have been slowly doing sections at a time, the hood was easy, I had Xpel put on that and it flips open. I have everything done except the hard stuff, the top of the fairing which I realized I can get the front of standing on the engine and I can reach the back with a ladder set up on the frame rails, but I need to make sure I have a helper to keep me steady. I got a few quotes to do the top of the fairing and the rear, $1500-$1800, crazy!!! But I guess no one is brave enough to get up there. I did find a few RV detailers that seem reasonable and they could probably do it in a few hours with 2-3 guys so that is look promissing! The trailer is a whole other issue, I think I will just use CG Hydro, it seems to repel most of the water off and I can use a pole with microfiber towels to finish it!

This back part looks like a mountain to climb at this point!