PDA

View Full Version : Washing MicroFiber Towels

uhohitsstevo
04-12-2016, 01:59 PM
I am looking to figure out why my micro fiber towels are coming out with dirt stuck in them still and then I wash them again and sometimes it will be better and sometimes i have to pick it out. I use regular detergent and i only wash my micro fibers with my microfibers, i don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets and I am just wondering what the best way to do this might be. I don't want to be using these with dirt in them and then scratching my paint.

kaliagent2001
04-12-2016, 02:18 PM
So i just bought Microfiber Cleaner after spending $20 on 12 towels. I figure i start washing them instead of tossing them when done. I would usually buy from Costco because i would get 24 towels for $14 but it seems as though they are not built like what is sold on AG and other detailing sites.

Are you allowed to wash in your washer because my GF wont let me hahah. So my first attempt to wash will be a the cleaners.

parshooter
04-12-2016, 02:32 PM
I sometimes notice a piece of debris stuck in a towel after a washing. I think things just get stuck in there sometimes and a washing won't release them. Just pick it out and go about your business. I wash my towels in our washer, dry them in the dryer. No problems.

VISITOR
04-12-2016, 02:46 PM
wash in warm water (lots of great dedicated mf cleaners available) with an extra rinse cycle, then into the dryer on the lowest heat setting with no dryer sheet. you can use some tape and/or tweezers to remove any debris that may be stuck before washing...

Eldorado2k
04-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Does anyone else think the washers & dryers at the laundromat are of way inferior quality compared to what you've got at home? IMO the whole experience at the laundromat brings the effort down a notch..

The washing machines don't suds the same, there's always cheap soap residue inside the dispensor, not to mention liquid fabric softener residue as well, and who knows what level of grime has been through those washers & dryers right before you toss your delicate microfibers in there [people usually take the worst of their worst to the laundromat, because it may be too greasy, oily, etc. for their own machines at home. My dad sometimes washes commercial floormatts at the laundromat]...

The women of this world need to get over the myth of the washing machine somehow becoming dirty due to microfiber towels. It's a washing machine!

We need to take a stand.😏

kaliagent2001
04-12-2016, 10:13 PM
So i changed my mind i put them in the washer while i am home alone. They are in the washer as i type hahah. thanks for that words of wisdom Eldorado2k. I used the direction Mike wrote in his book on page 100.

BrutalNoodle
04-12-2016, 11:07 PM
The women of this world need to get over the myth of the washing machine somehow becoming dirty due to microfiber towels. It's a washing machine!

We need to take a stand.��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jln3mi0vfJU

~ Team Dog House

Eldorado2k
04-13-2016, 08:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jln3mi0vfJU

~ Team Dog House

😂😂😂

Buster906
04-13-2016, 09:00 PM
I use a stain release spray on my mf towels. I also wash them with my clothing only. Persil is a great detergent. My cheap mf towels are washed in this manner. My GG and Megs towels , I use either Wolfgang or Pinnacle mf liquid. We have the Samsung HE washer and dryer.

Eldorado2k
04-13-2016, 09:33 PM
I use a stain release spray on my mf towels. I also wash them with my clothing only.

Why do you do this?

Eldorado2k
04-13-2016, 10:24 PM
So i changed my mind i put them in the washer while i am home alone. They are in the washer as i type hahah. thanks for that words of wisdom Eldorado2k. I used the direction Mike wrote in his book on page 100.

I had a batch of dirty terry towels sitting in the backyard for weeks because I was supposed to go wash them at the laundromat...

I finally got tired of knowing they were just sitting there [and I wasn't excited to make a trip to the laundromat] So I said to heck with this, I'm just gonna wash them here! I did, they cleaned up pretty good. And Nothing happened to the washer!😏lol.

Buster906
04-18-2016, 06:40 AM
Stain release loosens the stain and washing my mf with a few different materials helps stubborn stains come off mf