PDA

View Full Version : Is Opti-Seal Water Behavior good?

Kiddetailer
04-12-2016, 06:49 AM
I'm looking in alot of youtube videos with Opti-seal on the car, and it seems to have really poor water behavior.
My primary concern is if I can use a leaf blower to blow the water off the car if I have Opti-seal applied.

I plan on using Optiseal as a main sealant, and meguiars d156 as an afterwash for my customer's car.

TTQ B4U
04-12-2016, 06:56 AM
I'm looking in alot of youtube videos with Opti-seal on the car, and it seems to have really poor water behavior.
My primary concern is if I can use a leaf blower to blow the water off the car if I have Opti-seal applied.

I plan on using Optiseal as a main sealant, and meguiars d156 as an afterwash for my customer's car.

This stuff right?

Optimum Opti-Seal 8 oz. Free Bonus! New & Improved! (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-seal.html)

I have this and Blackfire Crystal Seal. Both are very very simliar. Maybe it's just me but I think Blackfire performs better. Not by much but just a bit. Slicker feeling and seems to create a deeper shine. Could just be in my head as I like Blackfire products.

Sorry I can't comment directly on how it sheds water but overall I've been pleased with using both between sealing up of our vehicles.

JeffM
04-12-2016, 07:00 AM
Opti Seal has a few things about it I like alot, slickness, ease of use, shine, it can clean windows like nobody's business, it can go over pretty much anything. What I dont like is its durability and water behavior. I think people report their vehicles stay clean using it, so it may have better qualities then how the beads of water behave.

FUNX650
04-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Whatever the inherent water behavior of
Opti-Seal may be, it will undoubtedly be
changed once the Meguiar's D156 is applied.

Then the question might be:
Is Meguiar's D156's water behavior good?

Bob

SeanChav
04-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Optiseal IME has been more of a sheeter then a beader....its nothing crazy, but like Bob said if using d156 on top then that'll essentially become ur "top coat" and dictate what the water behaves like.... which we all know d156 is an aggressive beader