PDA

View Full Version : What is this horrible stuff?!

Pages : [1] 2 3

uhohitsstevo
04-11-2016, 05:58 PM
I can't figure out what or how this stuff got on my car but it isn't the first time I have found spots of it on my car. It is extremely hard to get off even polishing and I can't seem to figure out what is doing it. I was reaching up on the roof of the car early around that area where I may have leaned against it but that is the only thing I can think of...

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/uhohitsstevo/IMG_4673_zpswmvadboj.jpg (http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/uhohitsstevo/media/IMG_4673_zpswmvadboj.jpg.html)

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p630/uhohitsstevo/IMG_4672_zpsvilebziz.jpg (http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/uhohitsstevo/media/IMG_4672_zpsvilebziz.jpg.html)

TRDTACO
04-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Button or belt buckle marks, or rivits on pockets or zipper etc.

GenesisCoupe
04-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Can you take a picture of it from a different angle? Maybe directly head on?

I doubt it's belt or button marks, unless your paint is super duper soft.

Setec Astronomy
04-11-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm not clear exactly what you're picturing--some of it looks like "scratches" while some of it looks droplet shaped like it's wash-related.

Certainly if you were reaching onto the roof, as TRDTACO noted, it could be zipper, belt buckle, etc. marring. If it's droplet-shaped, some washes if allowed to dry will leave some difficult-to-remove polymer staining, as well as hard water spots, of course.

Cabrio
04-11-2016, 08:00 PM
My first impression is that it is not road related. The edge line on the back door shows a clean "cut off". If it were splatter caused by gravel or a splash of something, you would not see such a clear cut off of the marks. You said this has happened before....were you also leaning against the car? What were you doing prior to reaching up on the roof? Could it be some sort of transfer from something that had been on your clothes?

GSKR
04-11-2016, 08:05 PM
I doubt it from you reaching the roof unless you are 3 feet tall.need a better photo head on and not so close.

Setec Astronomy
04-11-2016, 08:11 PM
I doubt it from you reaching the roof unless you are 3 feet tall.need a better photo head on and not so close.

Huh? That's in the door handle area. In places outside of Florida, we wear jackets with zippers and snaps when it's cold outside.

MikeC78
04-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Looks to me of something rubbing on the clear coat, from clothing. Stop touching your car! ;)

GSKR
04-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Looks to me of something rubbing on the clear coat, from clothing. Stop touching your car! ;)my bad thought it was a truck.

TTQ B4U
04-11-2016, 08:34 PM
definitely looks like scratches and what not. not sure what your clear coat is like but our van is tough as nails, my car, not at all. Scratches come out easily and thankfully don't go deep but I wached my daughter drag a grocery back out of my trunk onto my bumper and bam, scratched! Again, rubbed right out with Menzerna 4000 with no trouble, but still.....

check the outfit you wore.

rdgrav
04-11-2016, 08:38 PM
If you park you car near a bird nest, it may be the bird trying to fight itself in the reflection. Might sound stupid but I have seen this in happen.

LSNAutoDetailing
04-11-2016, 10:52 PM
If you park you car near a bird nest, it may be the bird trying to fight itself in the reflection. Might sound stupid but I have seen this in happen.

I had that happen once. It was awful.
Lasted for months, the sparrow attacked my house Windows, grill and car for 2 months... 24X7. We tried every possible method of dispatch, even worked with local experts and gov.

Onto the subject, when you say polish, what exactly did you do? More detail please 😎

uhohitsstevo
04-11-2016, 11:58 PM
I can not take any more pictures I already buffed it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevincwelch
04-12-2016, 07:59 AM
I can not take any more pictures I already buffed it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you use to remove it?

(Sent from my mobile device.)

Crispy
04-12-2016, 08:00 PM
First thing I do is check if above paint or below. I use Clay to check and if above institute plan A. If below plan B. I had same thing on my bathroom sink!! Turned out to be transfer from my belt buckle rubbing against when shaving (got to start that diet soon:).