PDA

View Full Version : Optimum No Rinse as a QD?

Detail_Guy
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I was fortunate to have a friend send me a small sample of the ONR. I was quite impressed with the results. After I used the sample up, I realized that some folks use it as a cleaning QD.

Has anybody here used it as a "cleaning" QD? Do you like it? Any tips or tricks?

I would like to replace my Spray & Wipe as a cleaning QD with the ONR, as it seems to be much more versatile, and at the recommended dilution rate for QD'ing, it would be far less expensive than the Spray & Wipe.

Thanks in advance.

ehuth1
10-10-2007, 06:38 PM
One word "Awesome" It cleans the d-jambs and shines them just like the outside!! Wouldn't replace it for nothing. I believe the D/Ratio is on my bottle, but it's about 15 miles from me. Someone will chime in with it :)

ScottB
10-10-2007, 06:39 PM
as offered it is not a glossy as a qd'er+ type product, but works more like a qd'er as in Poorboys Wash/Wipe.

Detail_Guy
10-10-2007, 07:10 PM
as offered it is not a glossy as a qd'er+ type product, but works more like a qd'er as in Poorboys Wash/Wipe.

That's fine! I plan to use it only for a cleaning QD when there is just some dew or extremely light dust on the vehicle, and to aid in lubrication during the drying process.
If it works as good as Spray & Wipe for this purpose, it will save me good chunk of change. :D

Thanks guys.

Bence
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
It adds a very nice reflective gloss. It is definitely noticeable on unprotected vehicles.

Bigfoot
10-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I use it in clay lube concentration, and I think is awesome! I will never buy another clay lube or qd ever!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-10-2007, 09:02 PM
I use it in clay lube concentration, and I think is awesome! I will never buy another clay lube or qd ever!

Ohhh yeahhh.. I can be soooo liberal with this stuff during claying it's the best for that...rinseless washes is another A++ in my book and for a jamb and get down and dirty qd it's great but for my paint I prefer other offerings such as fk425, SC Speed Demon, and DG FC&S

Detail_Guy
10-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Ohhh yeahhh.. I can be soooo liberal with this stuff during claying it's the best for that...rinseless washes is another A++ in my book and for a jamb and get down and dirty qd it's great but for my paint I prefer other offerings such as fk425, SC Speed Demon, and DG FC&S

Yep, sounds like a very versatile product... just what I am looking for.

My "goto" QD for gloss is also FK425 (and the rest of my stash of Final Detail). I plan on trying the DG Marine Detail Spray and the FC&S next spring.

Thanks again everybody. :righton:

CalgaryDetail
10-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I threw it in a mittle hand fertalzining thing, like the pum p ones. I can mist a pannel with it, let it sit for a seconed or two and wipe it up. I find i can do it quicker when i dont have to pump a sparyer.. iguees im just lazy. But i use onr as my mail qd now, it works great