PDA

View Full Version : Need Help In Buying Microfiber Towels

sharjeel88
04-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Currently I'm having few medium quality (local purchase) MF towels which are doing their job well, but now mostly have loose their shape. So I was searching for premium grade MF towels thru Google and landed on The Rag Company. After going thru the website I'm lost and don't know which towels to purchase as they have so many to choose from. I have read threads here on AG about this company. Could anyone suggest me towels on below basis:

I'm looking for:

1 - Towels for Rinseless / Waterless
2 - Drying Towel
3 - General Purpose (For Dusting,Cleaning, Home Use)
4 - Glass Cleaning

hdez
04-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Currently I'm having few medium quality (local purchase) MF towels which are doing their job well, but now mostly have loose their shape. So I was searching for premium grade MF towels thru Google and landed on The Rag Company. After going thru the website I'm lost and don't know which towels to purchase as they have so many to choose from. I have read threads here on AG about this company. Could anyone suggest me towels on below basis:

I'm looking for:

2 - Drying Towel
4 - Glass Cleaning

By the forum rules, you are not allowed to ask to buy products outside of Autogeek.

Buster906
04-11-2016, 03:13 PM
I recommend going through Griots Garage, Autogeek, Detailed Image or Amazon. You can also find Griots Garage at Advance Auto. Walmart carries an ok assortment of microfiber towels. You will want to order a bottle of microfiber detergent

TTQ B4U
04-11-2016, 04:32 PM
2 - Drying Towel
4 - Glass Cleaning

For Waterless/Rinseless I love and exclusively use THE RAG COMPANY 16" x 16" Eagle Edgeless Korean 70/30 Super Plush 480gsm Microfiber Detailing Towels. They work extremely well for the Gary Dean single bucket method. I also use them for buffing off polishes and waxes.

Drying towels, I really like Griot's garage blue/gray dual sided ones. They have a nice satin seam that won't scratch and hold a ton of water. I do the blotting method and then will take a damp one sprayed with a higher mix of Uber Rinseless and water and make a final wipe down.

Window wise and for home use, honestly, the cheap $5 bag of MF From Autozone or other places work. You know, the ones that stick to your hands if you have dry skin and will attrack all kinds of lint. They actually work great if you mix a clean one in with your dark colored bed sheets or clothing as they attracked all kinds of lint and keep it from setting into bedding and clothing.

They are also good for general purpose cleaning in the car, for windows, etc. I have hundreds of them and when extremely dirty I just toss them.

pheerix
04-11-2016, 04:33 PM
AGO's prices on bulk quantities of towels have become very competitive especially during sales. The Chinchillas and Shine and Buff towels are great waterless QD towels.

ScottB
04-11-2016, 04:34 PM
No need to shop elsewhere .... shop Autogeek for Cobra, Griots, and Poorboys towels.

Car Care Microfiber Towels, Microfiber dusters and microfiber Detailing tools (http://www.autogeek.net/mictow.html)

JeffM
04-11-2016, 04:48 PM
AG certainly has a nice selection of MF, I really like all of the ones IVe tried including the silk edged waffle's and the gold plush ones esp. Ive been eyeing the chinchilla ones as well.

usmcpab
04-11-2016, 05:33 PM
I personally love the chinchillas and shine and buff for waterless/rinseless washing. Like mentioned before, they're competively priced now

GrantLagasse
04-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Anyone know what the deal is with the cobra guzzlers? They've been on back order for a little while now 😕

Mike Phillips
04-12-2016, 07:27 AM
Currently I'm having few medium quality (local purchase) MF towels which are doing their job well, but now mostly have loose their shape. So I was searching for premium grade MF towels thru Google and landed on The Rag Company.

Nothing wrong with using Google to find something... I think I've done that once or twice. :D

This forum is supported by the Autogeek.com store. The word support means Autogeek pays the bills. So it's only natural that the owner of the Autogeek store and forum prefers to have the products on the AG store promoted on his forum. Make sense?

Completely understand how you're just looking for information so I'm just using my reply to you and to everyone that will read this post into the future as a teaching moment.

Could anyone suggest me towels on below basis:

Sure. I'll recommend top quality towels for you from the AG store. Me taking the time to answer you is called customer support. It has a cost too.

I'm looking for:

For a rinseless wash I use these, get a 12 pack as you want to use a LOT of towels when using rinseless and waterless washes.

Blue All Purpose Microfiber Towels 12 pack (http://www.autogeek.net/coblallpumit3.html)

Price for 12 towels = $19.99

2 - Drying Towel

These are on backorder. I'm not sure when they will be back in stock but these are what I use and the work GREAT!

The Guzzler Triple Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/guzzler-triple-kit.html)

Price for 3 towels = $39.99

Get these, I use these for general purpose towels for just about every detailing task under the sun and around the house for general cleaning purposes.

12 Pack Forrest Green Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths (http://www.autogeek.net/mf-green-12.html)

4 - Glass Cleaning

Get these - the waffle weave style works great for cleaning glass. The SECRET to cleaning glass is to not only have a GREAT glass cleaner, (check out the SONAX brand glass cleaner), but to also have LOTS of glass towels so you don't simply remove oily films and dirt off one section of glass only to redistribute it to the next section of glass you clean because the oily film and dirt your removed from the previous section of glass is NOW ON THE TOWEL. So the secret is to have LOTS of towels.

6 Pack Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towels (http://www.autogeek.net/12pacowawegl.html)

Price for 6 towels = $19.99

Hope that helps...

High quality microfiber towels from Autogeek.com and help or customer support from the best detailing discussion forum on the net.

:xyxthumbs:

sharjeel88
04-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Nothing wrong with using Google to find something... I think I've done that once or twice. :D

This forum is supported by the Autogeek.com store. The word support means Autogeek pays the bills. So it's only natural that the owner of the Autogeek store and forum prefers to have the products on the AG store promoted on his forum. Make sense?

Completely understand how you're just looking for information so I'm just using my reply to you and to everyone that will read this post into the future as a teaching moment.

Sure. I'll recommend top quality towels for you from the AG store. Me taking the time to answer you is called customer support. It has a cost too.

For a rinseless wash I use these, get a 12 pack as you want to use a LOT of towels when using rinseless and waterless washes.

Blue All Purpose Microfiber Towels 12 pack (http://www.autogeek.net/coblallpumit3.html)

These are on backorder. I'm not sure when they will be back in stock but these are what I use and the work GREAT!

The Guzzler Triple Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/guzzler-triple-kit.html)

Price for 3 towels = $39.99

Get these, I use these for general purpose towels for just about every detailing task under the sun and around the house for general cleaning purposes.

12 Pack Forrest Green Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths (http://www.autogeek.net/mf-green-12.html)

Get these - the waffle weave style works great for cleaning glass. The SECRET to cleaning glass is to not only have a GREAT glass cleaner, (check out the SONAX brand glass cleaner), but to also have LOTS of glass towels so you don't simply remove oily films and dirt off one section of glass only to redistribute it to the next section of glass you clean because the oily film and dirt your removed from the previous section of glass is NOW ON THE TOWEL. So the secret is to have LOTS of towels.

6 Pack Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towels (http://www.autogeek.net/12pacowawegl.html)

Price for 6 towels = $19.99

Hope that helps...

High quality microfiber towels from Autogeek.com and help or customer support from the best detailing discussion forum on the net.

:xyxthumbs:

Thanks Mike. I didn't want to discuss about products outside AG store, but lately have read many threads and saw videos for this company. So I wanted to know other members response regarding their towels. But you summed up the towels from AG store and that too when I calculated it is costing me way less than other way round.

Thanks again.