PDA

View Full Version : spray wax

Pages : [1] 2

asalesagent912
04-10-2016, 09:12 PM
I have been cleaning and waxing my cars for many years but never used spray wax.
i been reading a lot here and see some may use it as a drying aid. just curious how some of you use it.
Do you spray it on the car after you rince off the soap and dry while its wet or do you dry the car and then spray
and wipe each panel. also which spray wax do you use.?

Buster906
04-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Spray on wet surface to aide in water tension release. In this drying process, you are drying and applying a light coating of protection. Also you are eliminating possible water spots. Spray detailer or wax helps more water to run off the surface before using a chamois or microfiber towel or air dryer.

JeffM
04-10-2016, 09:27 PM
If you use ONR you can dry while spraying optimum's spray wax. Actually you can do that no matter what rinseless/waterless wash you use.

Some people use opt. spray wax as a clay lube as well.

Buster906
04-10-2016, 09:28 PM
I like Meguiars, Pinnacle, Zymol and Nanoskin

GenesisCoupe
04-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Because my car is coated i don't need a drying aid, however what i used to do is spray a quick detailer or spray wax after rinsing the soap off.

I would use either the Pinnacle spray wax, or diluted ONR. What also worked wonders and what i still use on my other family cars as a drying aid is AMMO Hydrate.

AZpolisher15
04-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Duragloss Aquawax is really nice stuff.

BrutalNoodle
04-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Do you spray it on the car after you rince off the soap and dry while its wet

Yes.

See Loach's demonstration here @ 2 min mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w0ykPymvVw&nohtml5=False

Note: Vid is to demonstrate the effectiveness of using drying aid, not to promote product not carried by AG. With that, I'm going to apologize in advance to AG staff. This is the best demonstration vid I could fine, so that's my reason for posting. C'mon, it's a good excuse. lol

Desertnate
04-11-2016, 07:45 AM
I can't comment any more on technique, as that's already been covered.

I do use a quick wax as a drying aid. To date I've used Meguiar Ultimate Quik Wax and Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. Both work extremely well, yet produce very different results from an appearance standpoint.

PA DETAILER
04-11-2016, 09:03 AM
The best i have used to date is the PRIMA WAX AS YOU DRY. It lays down some serious protection. My last order i picked up some GRIOTS wax as you dry. The thing to remember is once you have your main protection on, these products help maintain the protection of your LSP.

I have always wondered about the TW product. It is a OTC product here. Looks to be a great product also from the above video.

pheerix
04-11-2016, 09:04 AM
I've tried using the WOWA sealants (Opti-Seal, Wolfgang Liquid Seal) as drying aids and then effect is very interesting. Since they are so hydrophobic as you spread the sealant around it actually pushes any liquid out of its way, in effect almost like using a squeegee. And since they flash clear almost immediately there's hardly any residue to buff. Downside is of course they are expensive when used this way.

vanev
04-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Spray waxes are great.
You can use them as a drying aid, or stand alone LSP, or both.
Don't forget you can use spray wax on wheels and wheel wells.

Also suggest looking further into detail sprays.
Detail sprays, in my opinion, often give the exterior a much cleaner finished look vs a spray wax.
They also provide a layer of polymer protection, for those that use a polymer formula, and can perform as a UV protector as well as offer hydrophobic properties.

BadgerRivFan
04-11-2016, 10:59 AM
The best i have used to date is the PRIMA WAX AS YOU DRY. It lays down some serious protection. My last order i picked up some GRIOTS wax as you dry. The thing to remember is once you have your main protection on, these products help maintain the protection of your LSP.

I have always wondered about the TW product. It is a OTC product here. Looks to be a great product also from the above video.

+1 on using Prima Hydro (aka: wax as you dry) as a spray wax/drying aid. A truly great product.

As vanev pointed out above, you can also use quick detailers for a drying aid, although you will not get the same boost in protection that you will get from a spray wax. Finish Kare 425 also works very well as a drying aid and has some polymer protection as well as anti-static properties.

silverfox
04-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Imo I don't apply anything that doesn't put some kind of protection back. Anytime you wipe the paint you're removing something. I include washing in that way too.

ScottB
04-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Optimum Spray Wax, Prima's Hydro Wax, and McKee's 37 Fast Wax are all great sprays ....

Jaretr1
04-11-2016, 04:48 PM
So much has already been said, but I must add not all spray waxes are created equal. Some cannot be used on wet surfaces or in direct sunlight, which makes them not usable for a drying aid. Most or all quick detailers or rinseless washes can be used as drying aids. For the same reason of a quick wax, they add lubrication to the drying process, while also leaving some protection behind.