PDA

View Full Version : Rupes 15es

SeanChav
04-10-2016, 02:28 PM
so next month is my 7th wedding anniversary, and while out at dinner my wife spilled the beans that she was gonna get me a Rupes 15es for my present....I've been all ancy and excited to get it.... I already have a gg6, but after doing a polish on each of our cars last week my arms were pretty sore and I was overall a little exhausted from the amount of time it took to do.... I'm really looking forward to the long throw making things easier next time.

since my cars are in pretty decent shape and I mostly just do my own cars and a few others on the side here and there....I was gonna pick up the Rupes UHS system to help maintain my cars a couple times a year.... anyways I just wanted to share my excitement with some fellow detailers.

Zubair
04-10-2016, 03:34 PM
The 15ES is a smooth, powerful machine you will love it.

refreshauto
04-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Get a gloss pad and essence and you won't look back

VISITOR
04-10-2016, 05:00 PM
so next month is my 7th wedding anniversary

congrats!

Cabrio
04-10-2016, 06:17 PM
That's great! You are gonna love that machine! I guess the bigger question is...what did you get your wife for the anniversary - lol.

SeanChav
04-10-2016, 11:48 PM
The 15ES is a smooth, powerful machine you will love it.

That's great to hear!!!.... Although I've been reading alot about more ppl recommending just going with the 21???

Get a gloss pad and essence and you won't look back

Although I've heard a bunch of great stuff about Essence, I'm more into actually correcting my paint vs covering it up.

congrats!

Thx!!! :)

That's great! You are gonna love that machine! I guess the bigger question is...what did you get your wife for the anniversary - lol.

I'm taking care of her lol she knows I will.... I'm looking at getting her a intake and exhaust for her car though, she's been wanting those for a while now

briarpatch
04-11-2016, 06:09 AM
I'm taking care of her lol she knows I will.... I'm looking at getting her a intake and exhaust for her car though, she's been wanting those for a while now

sounds like a keeper

Quiksilver5882
04-11-2016, 07:14 AM
The 15es is definitely under rated. It's so smooth! I prefer to cut with the 21 and polish with the 15. Both are amazing machines. Once you get one you'll want a mini 75e!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffM
04-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Dont take this as mean, I really am not trying to pick on you, but unless your over 50 you need a gym membership more then a rupes.

SeanChav
04-11-2016, 08:00 AM
sounds like a keeper

She most definitely is :)

The 15es is definitely under rated. It's so smooth! I prefer to cut with the 21 and polish with the 15. Both are amazing machines. Once you get one you'll want a mini 75e!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to just go with the 21 for the better cut, but i will do some more reading before coming to a final decision....i do plan to just run the Rupes 6" pads with whatever machine i get.

Dont take this as mean, I really am not trying to pick on you, but unless your over 50 you need a gym membership more then a rupes.

Hahahaha I get what ur saying.... I'm still experimenting with downward pressure and then between that and cramming in both the cars in 2 days after I got off work from my full time job it just got to me....I know that's prolly an easy task to do for a more experienced detailer or one who does it for a living, but it got to me a little.... Plus the fact that our cars have hard VW paint doesn't help either.

Oh and for the record I'm not over 50, I'm 27 :)

KBsToy
04-11-2016, 08:37 AM

Buying a generic 15 and being over 50+ I could buy a gym membership :)

SeanChav
04-11-2016, 11:19 AM
I'm really leaning towards the 21 for the extra oomppff.... and I have the gg6 for the intricate areas....plus I have a friend that is willing to sell me his 21 with washer mod.... what would be a good price for it though as we're both unsure on what is a fair price

Rsurfer
04-11-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm really leaning towards the 21 for the extra oomppff.... and I have the gg6 for the intricate areas....plus I have a friend that is willing to sell me his 21 with washer mod.... what would be a good price for it though as we're both unsure on what is a fair price

Depends if your the seller or buyer. LOL