PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Navigator rear side window question.

Paul A.
04-10-2016, 12:37 PM
My neighbor's Navigator has black clips at the rear center of his rear most side windows. He claims they are to open those windows yet there is nothing in the manual and my internet search came up blank. He and i both spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure it out and i hate to admit yielded nothing to enlighten us as to what they are for. My guess was they were to house the defrost matrix in those glass panels but after looking up close they certainly look mechanical. Any Navigator owners here who can shed some light on what they are for? It's a 2010 model.

Mike Honcho
04-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Look on the front overhead console for the button to open/clode those side vents.

Mike Honcho
04-10-2016, 01:40 PM
They are side vent windows for the third row passengers. They open about 2 inches. My Eddie Bauer Expediton has them.

Paul A.
04-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Thanks, Mike, i greatly appreciate that!

dakotaRT
04-10-2016, 04:43 PM
My neighbor's Navigator has black clips at the rear center of his rear most side windows. He claims they are to open those windows yet there is nothing in the manual and my internet search came up blank. He and i both spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure it out and i hate to admit yielded nothing to enlighten us as to what they are for. My guess was they were to house the defrost matrix in those glass panels but after looking up close they certainly look mechanical. Any Navigator owners here who can shed some light on what they are for? It's a 2010 model.

Yes they are side vents. My dad's lincoln had em.

Paul A.
04-10-2016, 07:16 PM
You guys are the best, i swear. I think you could ask almost any question here and get an answer. Thanks again Mike and dakotaRT.