PDA

View Full Version : 2013 F-150 Correction & Opti-Coat Pro+

FinishingTouchA
04-09-2016, 11:18 PM
This pickup came in with heavy brush scratches, the worst we've seen. After several test spots we ended up wet sanding and correcting with the Optimum Hyper line. We coated with Opti-Coat Pro+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6c4u2Nfz4

njain2686
04-09-2016, 11:35 PM
Excellent work.
How is the Optimum line compound/polish with removing 1500 grit or 2000 grit?
Is it as easy to use like Menzerna or Meguiars 105/205 combo?

FinishingTouchA
04-09-2016, 11:49 PM
Excellent work.
How is the Optimum line compound/polish with removing 1500 grit or 2000 grit?
Is it as easy to use like Menzerna or Meguiars 105/205 combo?

My personal opinion Hyper Compound has a hard time removing 1500 grit sanding scratches and leaves a really nasty haze. I love Hyper Polish but will definitely be using M100 on vehicles without black plastic trim. The lack of need to tape is the main reason why I use the hyper line.

Ceiol
04-09-2016, 11:54 PM
great work and nice video

fly07sti
04-10-2016, 12:22 AM
Great video my man. That F150 looks better than it did when it was new.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-10-2016, 12:54 AM
Nice work Ryan! That looks great.

Great video as well. What did you use to shoot it?

GSKR
04-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Very professional in all aspects,from tools to knowledge and a very nice shop.

FinishingTouchA
04-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Nice work Ryan! That looks great.

Great video as well. What did you use to shoot it?

Most of it was shot with a Cannon T5i and a few GoPro shots. I'd have to ask my friend about the lenses he used.

coles_paint_correction
04-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Awesome job and great video content.
How hard is it to keep the shop up? Do you guys have to do alot of cars or feel rushed to stay open?

FinishingTouchA
04-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Awesome job and great video content.
How hard is it to keep the shop up? Do you guys have to do alot of cars or feel rushed to stay open?

My shop is too small for how busy I am. It's not unusual that we have vehicles outside being worked on. I have 3 full time employees and I'm booked out a week. This year I've averaged a coating a week and the last 2 weeks I've done 2 coatings a week. It hardly even slowed down this winter with enough work for 2 nearly full time employees. This summer I'll start offering mobile service again to test other markets and add value for my maintenance customers. My biggest advantage is being in a rural area with no local competition, also my shop is on the busiest 4-way stop in town. Facebook ads and word of mouth generate about 40% of my business each, starting out it was 90% location. Hoping to open a second location next year and have 10 shops by 2020

coles_paint_correction
04-10-2016, 08:15 PM
My shop is too small for how busy I am. It's not unusual that we have vehicles outside being worked on. I have 3 full time employees and I'm booked out a week. This year I've averaged a coating a week and the last 2 weeks I've done 2 coatings a week. It hardly even slowed down this winter with enough work for 2 nearly full time employees. This summer I'll start offering mobile service again to test other markets and add value for my maintenance customers. My biggest advantage is being in a rural area with no local competition, also my shop is on the busiest 4-way stop in town. Facebook ads and word of mouth generate about 40% of my business each, starting out it was 90% location. Hoping to open a second location next year and have 10 shops by 2020

Wow that's incredible man all i can say is congrats and it seems like it's what you love to do!
I'm not too sure if could do it for a living i'd have to higher help lol.
Seems like majority of people where im at don't want to spend much.