PDA

View Full Version : Tested out the new Rupes 15 Mark II

Dan Tran
04-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Hello folks!

Today I tested out my new polisher today and I'm FULLY impressed with the machine! I used the Yellow Rupes pad with HD speed since my car needed minor minor work to the paint, plus I hit it up with HD Poxy after.

I also had the chance to mess around with the Rupes blue/blue combo on the back bumper where over the years from taking stuff in and out of the trunk caused some imperfections (previous owner of car) . Funny there is another thread of another geek who used blue/blue combo on the same area of the bumper for the same exact thing. NOW I CAN SAY IT WORKS!!!

... And darn I SHOULD have taken pictures. Needless to say...WOW what a combo!

Back tracking prior to my dive into the detailing world, I had gone to get a quote from a guy who claims can compound, polish, and wax a car in two hours. He also stated my bumper issue can't be corrected... Tisk tisk.

Anyway back on point, while I love HD Speed for what it is, I was HIGHLY impressed about how well the blue/blue finished down. I was extremely satisfied!!

this actually leads to my next question. Since I have gotten into the practice of topping off HD speed with Poxy, and I get to some it may seem like an over kill, but when I am charging daily drivers my price for an AIO application, would it make sense to go with a higher quality finish for say a car that actually could use some blue/blue action and then top off with sealant?

Of course I would factor in cost of product, but other than that I figured if I am taking technically the same number of steps and can produce better results I rather would.

Thoughts on this matter please.

Btw here she is:

FYI it clearly was a cloudy afternoon with temps of 48 at the time.

custmsprty
04-09-2016, 08:34 PM
nice work!

SRConcepts
04-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Great to hear you're happy with your new machine, I took the plunge myself and my Mark II 15 should be here on Monday :buffing:

Dylan@RUPES
04-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Awesome. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Zubair
04-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Congrats the Rupes machines are top notch. I'm so impressed with my 15ES I'm going to purchase a MKII 21 next.