PDA

View Full Version : why do my towels not absorb like they did when new

Pages : 1 [2]

Eldorado2k
04-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Yes. That's not okay?

What specific WW do you use? How many WW drying towels do you have? What color is it?

kevincwelch
04-10-2016, 01:15 PM
I've had some of the same problems with my lower GSM towels, and I haven't been sure if they've just reached the end of their useful lives or not. Nevertheless, I've been able to rejuvenate some of them by soaking them in some citrus cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/snappytool.html) and Wolfgang pad cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/pad-cleaner-combo.html). Throwing in some vinegar to the wash seems to help a bit as well. I'm using 3D Towel Kleen these days. Doesn't work all the time. I'm sure I have some towels with Gtechniq C1.5 or C2v3, Reload, etc. embedded in these towels.

Mike Honcho
04-10-2016, 01:35 PM
What specific WW do you use? How many WW drying towels do you have? What color is it?

I have one Meguiars X2000 towel and two 24x36 white with light blue silk banding WW towels. (Forgot the name.) It was the white WW that wouldn't dry the car. I usually use a leaf blower to dry ~90% of the car but this time when I used the M37 Wash & Wax Rinseless I dried the car with the white WW towel.

Eldorado2k
04-10-2016, 01:53 PM
I have one Meguiars X2000 towel and two 24x36 white with light blue silk banding WW towels. (Forgot the name.) It was the white WW that wouldn't dry the car. I usually use a leaf blower to dry ~90% of the car but this time when I used the M37 Wash & Wax Rinseless I dried the car with the white WW towel.

Is it this 1?
24"x36"
I can't remember if I bought it here or detailingcom..
It works good.. It's soft, that's 1 thing I like about it. But it does tend to saturate kinda fast.

Reason I asked what color they were is because if they're a darker color they can easily hide dirt and that's not a good thing if you were to re use them. But white towels are perfect.👍🏽

Mike Honcho
04-10-2016, 01:59 PM
That's it.

Mike Honcho
04-10-2016, 02:01 PM
That's why I bought white. (And the tan X2000.)

sethr
04-10-2016, 03:06 PM
I figure if Dawn is deadly on car acrylic, it'll get it out of the MF. I use a short squirt, then throw my MF wash mitts in which adds some weak detergent also.
Hot water, warm rinse. A few chugs of vinegar in the rinse.

I dry a regular wash load of towels in the dryer first. That cleans some of the dryer up. Wipe out with isopropyl on paper towel--door and seals too. Then pop the MF in to dry.

Mine always come out full of static, which is good.

BrutalNoodle
04-10-2016, 04:27 PM
I've had some of the same problems with my lower GSM towels, and I haven't been sure if they've just reached the end of their useful lives or not. Nevertheless, I've been able to rejuvenate some of them by soaking them in some citrus cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/snappytool.html) and Wolfgang pad cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/pad-cleaner-combo.html). Throwing in some vinegar to the wash seems to help a bit as well. I'm using 3D Towel Kleen these days. Doesn't work all the time. I'm sure I have some towels with Gtechniq C1.5 or C2v3, Reload, etc. embedded in these towels.

The citrus cleaners are going into the basket. Thank you for the reminder.

Yeah, it happens a lot after using Sonax BSD. I have to remind myself not to let the product dry on the towels or sit in the hamper too long.

AGOatemywallet
04-10-2016, 06:12 PM
I figure if Dawn is deadly on car acrylic....

What does that mean?

kevincwelch
04-10-2016, 06:42 PM
The citrus cleaners are going into the basket. Thank you for the reminder. .

I keep forgetting I have them since I no longer soak my pads. Might as well put them to good use!

(Sent from my mobile device.)

Boudin
04-11-2016, 02:42 PM
I had this same problem until i changed up a few things with my washing

1. Everything used for LSPs seperate. I think this was the main cause of the towels losing absorbency

2. Use HOT water. I always thought microfibers were to delicate for hot water so I was using cold as had been suggested. The hot water helps strip whatever is in the towels.

3. Dry on low heat, but not completely dry. Drying towels seem to work better when damp.

My towels now come out clean with great absorbency. I never presoak because the hot water cools down. I use Blackfire detergent, add some OxiClean, and sometimes a scoop of DP polishing pad cleaner. Vinegar in the rinse cycle. Then a second rinse with hot water only ( I don't like the towels to smell like vinegar)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk