PDA

View Full Version : The best detailing buffing cloths review / shootout

Pages : [1] 2 3

delboy828
04-09-2016, 12:47 PM
The best detailing buffing microfiber cloth review...

18 of the best buffing cloths fight it out in this video... There can be only one winner...

Part1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JusGBvy29iw

Part2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ko_-jSHVQ

Part3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwfgTg_lMTc

pheerix
04-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Hmm gonna have to part out a whole 2 hours of my day to watch these videos.

delboy828
04-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Id say watch the first 10 mins... Then when it starts the count down you can can of jump towards the top 6

:)

custmsprty
04-09-2016, 02:50 PM
:doh:

TTQ B4U
04-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Hmm gonna have to part out a whole 2 hours of my day to watch these videos.

LOL! Agree. I can't for the life of me understand why videos like this aren't consolidated to a max of 60-90 seconds. This is Youtube and a shootout of polishing cloths, not the BluRay of Gone With the Wind. WOW!

I thought AMMO showing us a 20 min. video on how to wash a windshield or Chem Guys 30 minutes on how to vacuum floor mats was crazy.

willowcat11
04-09-2016, 03:34 PM
I would think this would be "VERY" difficult to determine a true winner as there are a lot of good ones out there.

custmsprty
04-09-2016, 03:43 PM
LOL! Agree. I can't for the life of me understand why videos like this aren't consolidated to a max of 60-90 seconds. This is Youtube and a shootout of polishing cloths, not the BluRay of Gone With the Wind. WOW!

I thought AMMO showing us a 20 min. video on how to wash a windshield or Chem Guys 30 minutes on how to vacuum floor mats was crazy.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::applause::applaus e::applause::wave::wave::wave:

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Man 3 videos and each one so long....I think I will be happy with my choice!! But if anyone does happen to see all 3 and they come up with a conclusion, please let me know or most of us that will not watch long videos!!!.....LOL

hdez
04-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Man 3 videos and each one so long....I think I will be happy with my choice!! But if anyone does happen to see all 3 and they come up with a conclusion, please let me know or most of us that will not watch long videos!!!.....LOL

I skipped to the end of the 3rd video.

First place: TheRagCompany Eagle Edgeless
Second place: CarPro Boa

Setec Astronomy
04-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Not that guy again, the wash mitt guy...he really needs to learn to edit, both before he shoots and after, in the wash mitt ones I really didn't need to see him walking back and forth to turn the camera on and off 10 times, or searching on his computer in his Flex video.

Remember when there was a time limit on YouTube videos? Surely made people edit themselves. Done watching him.

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2016, 04:38 PM
I skipped to the end of the 3rd video.

First place: TheRagCompany Eagle Edgeless
Second place: CarPro Boa

Thanks!! I already have a difference of opinion!!...LOL I think the Rag Company Eagle Edgeless is good, but I can think of a couple better......OH NO!!!!! Blasphemy!!! But again, thank you for letting me and probably a lot of us know.

hdez
04-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Thanks!! I already have a difference of opinion!!...LOL I think the Rag Company Eagle Edgeless is good, but I can think of a couple better......OH NO!!!!! Blasphemy!!! But again, thank you for letting me and probably a lot of us know.
Which one is your top?

I use a lot of TRC towels, but I'm in love with this one to make the last buff:
Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html)

BrutalNoodle
04-09-2016, 07:52 PM

Do share which are your favorites.

The BOA mentioned are nice, but mine are shedding like crazy after a few washing cycle. Good for rinseless, but not for drying and/or buffing. Then again, I bought one of the first runs, so material & construction might be different now.

I quite like the original Arctic White (MFT had a similar towel in grey) and the new edgeless, but only in yellow (seems to be softest of the colors).

Another nice towel is PB's Deluxe Mega (coral). AG's sister site now carries the line. Going to grab more on the next sale.

pheerix
04-09-2016, 08:05 PM
I do love the Eagle but I will stand by my experience that it sheds lint badly if the surface is a bit grabby like on glass and dry paint. I use them for Rinseless washes and they are excellent for that purpose. For final buffs and glass I reach for low pile looped end towels.

goldenlight
04-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Did anyone actually watch the whole video? Wow!