PDA

View Full Version : The best detailing buffing cloths review / shootout

Pages : 1 [2] 3

custmsprty
04-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Did anyone actually watch the whole video? Wow!

Speaking solely for myself, not likely, and if I did I sure wouldn't admit it. I could wash and seal my car in that time, which would be time well invested rather than watching some %^&^$% guys videos about mf towels. Heck I bet I could teach the average joe how to wash and wax a car in that same time it would take to watch his stupid videos. :buffing:

cardaddy
04-09-2016, 09:04 PM
I skipped to the end of the 3rd video.

First place: TheRagCompany Eagle Edgeless
Second place: CarPro Boa

Ruh ROW.... we're back to talking about towels that AG doesn't sell. :eek:

And before the thread gets shut down......

FWIW... TRC Eagle Edgeless don't measure up to MFT's Korean Edgeless. They're not as thick, don't weigh as much, not quite as soft, and tend to be a bit rougher overall.
(I have side by side photos of them, and of course have weighed them.) :rolleyes: Of course it's my JHMO. ;)

JeffM
04-09-2016, 09:28 PM
I watched the vids, I like them, good job!

custmsprty
04-09-2016, 10:37 PM
I watched the vids, I like them, good job!

You were probably the camera man LOL.

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2016, 11:35 PM
Which one is your top?

I use a lot of TRC towels, but I'm in love with this one to make the last buff:
Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html)

I like the Micro Fiber Madness Crazy Piles as my best MF towel. The main reason NO LINT!! The Rag Company edgeless lint! LINT is my biggest nemesis. There is the Rag Company's 1100 and 800's that are IMO better than the edgeless. Additionally, AGO's Gold is pretty good and IMO Lint less than the edgeless. The MF Madness Dry me Crazy are good too.

Again, these are my opinion and others will have other opinions. It's all good!

willowcat11
04-09-2016, 11:36 PM
I currently have been liking my TRC Eagle Edgeless towels right now. I know it's been mentioned by some, that they leave some lint behind.

I have NEVER experienced this with the Eagle Edgeless towels I own, and I use them a lot. Yes, because the nap is longer on these towels, it would "SEEM LIKE" they would leave lint behind, but like I said, I have never experienced this with any of mine.

That all being said, I would love to hear what others feel is their favorite detailing towels?

I have never used the Gold Plush, or any of the AG towels for that matter, so would be interested in hearing about those.

Eldorado2k
04-10-2016, 12:16 AM
That all being said, I would love to hear what others feel is their favorite detailing towels?

My favorite are the Meguiars Ultimate Wipes. They're short nap, white, and edgeless. They're the only towels I reach for when it comes to removing polish, compound, wax or sealant. I recently used them to remove Carpro Reload and they did a perfect job, no streaks. They're soft without being plush, thirsty but don't get saturated.. I wonder if they're included in OP's video review. I'll check it out.

willowcat11
04-10-2016, 12:49 AM
Hmmmm, I have been thinking about trying those out. I have used , and still do use the classic Yellow Megs Microfiber towels. They served me well for many years.

Eldorado2k
04-10-2016, 01:03 AM
Man 3 videos and each one so long....I think I will be happy with my choice!! But if anyone does happen to see all 3 and they come up with a conclusion, please let me know or most of us that will not watch long videos!!!.....LOL

So many complaints about the lengh of the videos... You call yourselves autogeeks? Lol.
Personally, I can't get enough of this kind of stuff. The longer the video, the better.

I skipped to the end of the 3rd video.

First place: TheRagCompany Eagle Edgeless
Second place: CarPro Boa

How the heck did the Rag Company win this showdown if it's not even listed in the intro?? Video loses points for that.👎🏼 I also disagree that washing with hot water is bad, and that washing with other types of microfiber is bad as well.. But those are minor gripes. Not including all of the contenders in the intro bugs the heck out of me though. Lol.

delboy828
04-10-2016, 07:39 AM
The winning towel was in the list of suppliers in the intro??? Im uk based and the supplier is called ragmaster in the uk. Not the rag company (did mention that in the vid)...

A lot of people will tell you towels have linting issues. Its because they dont know how to wash them and dry them.. The ragmaster eagle has zero linting issues, Ive used it for longer than most people on this big floating planet, trust me on that. But if you mistreat it, it will lint like crazy... Microfiber doesnt mind heat up to a point... I wont go above 40 degress though with the high pile stuff (30 most of the time)... detergent choice... what else you wash them in, and how you dry them is critical (over drying them in a machine will kill them).... You can tell from what the linting looks like and 95% of the time this "linting" is contamination from other towels.... 5% of the time where you get tiny specs of fibers thats from where the towel structure is failing (typically from machine drying)

I started shooting these vids a few months ago.. knew nothing about video editing and photography... Im still woefull at it :) enjoying improving actually though.. what I can say its one hell of a time sync to edit and shoot these to a high standard... This is not a pro production... Its also hard to condense the info down... Great feedback though and thx to anyone that did watch and enjoy... And hell.. thanks to the peeps that found it crap for at least posting about it!!! bad PR is still PR!!!! :)

Detailing sprays and Drying towels are next on the hit list I would really love to hear your thoughts on your favorites...

Eldorado2k
04-10-2016, 07:59 AM
The winning towel was in the list of suppliers in the intro??? Im uk based and the supplier is called ragmaster in the uk. Not the rag company (did mention that in the vid)...

Detailing sprays and Drying towels are next on the hit list I would really love to hear your thoughts on your favorites...

Alright, my mistake.. As far as your video, I enjoyed it and thought you did a good job putting it together. I made it all the way until the midpoint of the final vid. and stopped there, only because I've never used or even heard of most of the towels on your list. [that's probably due to what's available/popular in the UK vs. USA] It would've been interesting to see how Costco Kirkland towels would've rated. [that's if they're even available in the UK, I dunno]

Overall I give your efforts a thumbs up.👍🏽 Thx for taking the time to make the vids.

As far as drying towels, some of my favs include Chemical Guys "Dry Matter", Meguiars "Water Magnet", and Surf City "Nano Drying Towel"

JSou
04-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Good attitude OP.

Continue to do your thing. I really don't understand all of the negativity.

YouTube tutorials to help with editing your vids. I'm sure the quality of them will only get better with learning.

I watched your vids. Nice to see all of the options available worldwide and have them compared.

Detail sprays:
I like FK 425, Sonax BSD, D156, Adam's, Optimum

Drying towels:
MFM dry me crazy
Dooka Uber drying
TRC dry me a river

Kamakaz1961
04-10-2016, 01:58 PM
So many complaints about the lengh of the videos... You call yourselves autogeeks? Lol.
Personally, I can't get enough of this kind of stuff. The longer the video, the better.

How the heck did the Rag Company win this showdown if it's not even listed in the intro?? Video loses points for that.👎🏼 I also disagree that washing with hot water is bad, and that washing with other types of microfiber is bad as well.. But those are minor gripes. Not including all of the contenders in the intro bugs the heck out of me though. Lol.

I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!!...LOL You obviously have way more patience than I do!!:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

Eldorado2k
04-10-2016, 02:46 PM
I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!!...LOL You obviously have way more patience than I do!!:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

😃

BrutalNoodle
04-10-2016, 03:06 PM
I have never used the Gold Plush, or any of the AG towels for that matter, so would be interested in hearing about those.

Gold Plush Jr. is a nice all round towel. Since you're familiar with TRC, I would say it's comparable to their Split Purple-nality.

The recently added edgeless microfiber polishing cloth (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-forest-green-edgeless-microfiber-cloth.html) is nice also. I like the yellow best out of the three colors. Mostly for all-purpose & lsp removal.

I have quite a bit of the rolled edge (http://www.autogeek.net/green-rolled-edge-towels-3.html) as well (9 dozen). Like them a lot. Great for GD method, and I use them for drying as well; damped/wrung-out - straight up dry towels for drying don't work well for me.