PDA

View Full Version : Superglue on Dash

rbss
04-09-2016, 11:26 AM
So what's the best way to remove Superglue from the dash? 46921

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2016, 12:06 PM
A few Things. A choice to consider would be WD-40. Recently, I used that to get rid of a sticky substance that would not go away with APC on my console panel. I was PO'd. So I read what WD-40 could do and tried it. Wiped away with 1 swipe. Mineral Spirits would work too. I would assume no damage to your dashboard. Rubbing alcohol may do the trick too. The last resort would be Goo-Be-Gone. My reason it could possibly do more damage to your dashboard than good.

Please let us know what you used and how effective it was removing that crud from your dashboard. It will be good for future reference.

bill110
04-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Fingernail polish remover. Just try in in another spot to be sure no staining or damage to dash.

Calendyr
04-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Nail polish remover is acetone... I would really keep that as the very last product I would use... this stuff can melt plastics, not something I would put on a dash if I had any other choice.

Goo-Gone is also a very strong solvent but I am not sure if it's ingredients can do damage or not. As a rule of thumb I try to avoid using anything that can dissolve paint on surfaces I do not want to damage. If WD-40 works, that would be my first go-to... fish oil is something easy to clean with an APC when you are done.

rbss
04-09-2016, 01:50 PM
I just tried WD40 it helps but I'm going to be here all at trying to remove it. I have some goo gone I'll do a test spot see what happens.

Rsurfer
04-09-2016, 02:03 PM
I just tried WD40 it helps but I'm going to be here all at trying to remove it. I have some goo gone I'll do a test spot see what happens.

Subscribed.

Kamakaz1961
04-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Try Mineral Spirits next. IMO that will not hurt your dashboard. Goo-Be-Gone and nail polish remover might. Glad to hear the WD-40 helped. Test spot. I do a little painting on metal parts and use NON Acetone nail remover. I still think that might be too harsh.