PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for a weekend project!!

DjbuddyPL
04-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Dirty bmw 545. Can I use dawn and la totally awesome to strip all grime and old wax from paint? Then clay bar, fallowed with Maguiars color x and topped with Natty blue paste.? ? Clean wheels with la totally awesome/ eagle one A to Z wheel cleaner. And clean interior with optimum power clean 3:1 ratio on leather and all other interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpk20x
04-09-2016, 08:48 AM
I personally wouldn't use LA totally awesome on paint. Dawn would work ok if you don't have any other soaps available.

Just a heads up Dawn doesn't really strip waxes or sealants. It leaves a film behind that kills any bearing so it looks like the wax is gone.

OPC on the interior is a great choice but personally I would use a weaker mix like 1:10 especially on the leather.

custmsprty
04-09-2016, 09:32 AM
I personally wouldn't use LA totally awesome on paint. Dawn would work ok if you don't have any other soaps available.

Just a heads up Dawn doesn't really strip waxes or sealants. It leaves a film behind that kills any bearing so it looks like the wax is gone.

OPC on the interior is a great choice but personally I would use a weaker mix like 1:10 especially on the leather.

:iagree:

Dawn is an urban legend best left as a legend.