PDA

View Full Version : Jean/Pants dye transfer

Pete Strain
04-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Hi guys. Not sure if this is the right forum or not but here goes.

I have a 2011 Ford Escape to detail tomorrow. It was used by a large security company and is filthy inside. It has light coloured CLOTH interior. The front driver seat is almost navy blue and has obviously had a plethora of uniformed security guard butts transferring their dye into it. The customer is flipping the car and knows it will prob not come out perfect. He just wants it cleaner than it is.

Any tips on how to handle this? I have some APC and brushes etc. I also have a Little Green to do a shampoo on it. What do you guys recommend? I have a 2015 Ford Edge coming up in May as well that has some transfer from jeans. Cloth interior again. Not anywhere near as bad as the Escape but the owner is concerned.

Thanks in advance guys.

Pete

GSKR
04-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Leather masters has a cleaner for that promblem.I bought it for a mkz Lincoln and it worked very good but it was intended for leather not cloth.Just try rubbing it out with a stain remover with a terry cloth.

Pete Strain
04-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Leather masters has a cleaner for that promblem.I bought it for a mkz Lincoln and it worked very good but it was intended for leather not cloth.Just try rubbing it out with a stain remover with a terry cloth.

That's what I was thinking. Going to try a few different approaches but will start simple and non-aggressive. Thanks GSKR!

Audios S6
04-08-2016, 08:03 PM
May want to try oxyclean. Seems odd, but it's a decent oxidizer, which is usually a good approach for dye type stains. My guess is you may already have it of something similar

Pete Strain
04-09-2016, 06:53 AM
May want to try oxyclean. Seems odd, but it's a decent oxidizer, which is usually a good approach for dye type stains. My guess is you may already have it of something similar

Thanks I will bring it along!

Audios S6
04-15-2016, 09:00 PM
Any follow up?