PDA

View Full Version : PBL Diamond Elite Kit weather conditions

BigBillM
04-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Hi all, I recently purchased the PBL diamond elite coating kit, and now after reading through the booklet and watching a few videos, I am wondering if it is possible to apply this product and achieve great results without having a garage to work in. The vehicle would be parked outside overnight after the application, so I am starting to think this is not a good idea with any humidity and moisture that may come about overnight. Has anyone used this in this scenario? Or do you think I am better off going with a product like Wolfgang Uber or McKee's 37? Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone!

rlmccarty2000
04-07-2016, 08:25 PM
I don't believe you will have any problems. Just prep the paint well and apply. I would not apply if rain is expected. The PBL coating is the easiest one I have applied. I don't believe morning dew will affect it.

zx10r Elle
04-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Mr BigBillM,

Welcome to the forum.

"Hi all, I recently purchased the PBL diamond elite coating kit..."

If I were in your shoes and already had purchased the kit then without a doubt I would not be considering an alternative.

All coatings 'can' be adversely affected by excess moisture contamination shortly after applying. The operative word being 'shortly'. If you could plan out your coating application for a clear dry morning/day then I would not be concerned about what would occur 'dew-wise' over the evening.

Almost any coating has a general recommendation to avoid moisture within a 12 hour window at the most. Hypothetically speaking if you had applied your coating by 10am, by 10pm that same day any and all moisture concerns would be swept under the rug. And that's at the most extreme.

Whether applying in a garage or not the effects ( if any ) would be the same for Wolfgang, McKee's or PBL concerning moisture exposure.

Steve