PDA

View Full Version : Time to get busy (first time)

C.Moore
04-07-2016, 03:46 PM
So my supplies just arrived from autogeek so I'm getting ready to dive into my daily driver which is a black f150. The products I will be using is McKees cut polish and jeweling wax. I plan on washing and claying the truck and I believe I'll be able to get by with the polish and thin pro white polishing pads on my gg6 and then go to black thinpro finishing pads with the jeweling wax .. My order consisted of 2 gray thinpro pads, 6 Orange, 6 white, 3 black and a red waxing pad. The truck is brand new and it has very light swirls nothing to serious

Mantilgh
04-07-2016, 08:46 PM
I don't have experience with either of the products.

It does sound like a logical plan if you have the time to do two steps. Test a couple of pad and polish combos out to see what kind of results you will get. You could even try the jeweling wax with the white pad. If that does not leave any micro marring, and gives you slight defect removal, then you could save that for a back up if you are short on time and still want to lightly polish and protect in one step.

From my little experience, Ford paint can be hard and will take a little more work to get out deeper defects.

You will just have to test and see what needs to be done to get the results you want vs. how much time it takes you to get there.

Hopefully with a new truck it won't take to much effort to get it to where you want it. Good luck, and the leaning experience.

hdez
04-07-2016, 08:56 PM
If it has only minor swirls, try to do the Polish step only, or if you bought the aio, you can use that. Use the pad that gives you best results by testing then.

GSKR
04-07-2016, 09:11 PM
So my supplies just arrived from autogeek so I'm getting ready to dive into my daily driver which is a black f150. The products I will be using is McKees cut polish and jeweling wax. I plan on washing and claying the truck and I believe I'll be able to get by with the polish and thin pro white polishing pads on my gg6 and then go to black thinpro finishing pads with the jeweling wax .. My order consisted of 2 gray thinpro pads, 6 Orange, 6 white, 3 black and a red waxing pad. The truck is brand new and it has very light swirls nothing to seriousvery impressive stuff.

Mantilgh
04-07-2016, 10:38 PM
If it has only minor swirls, try to do the Polish step only, or if you bought the aio, you can use that. Use the pad that gives you best results by testing then.

Yeah, in hind sight the AIO may have been great for this. Light swirl removal and good protection.