PDA

View Full Version : 3m HAND GLAZE

BILL
06-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Did a liitle experiment on the truck of my car........

stripped it down........removed all wax and sealer.....put a coat of 3M hand glaze....and noticed right away the finisih was just as gloosy as the rest of the car, but NOT as slick in feel or the smoothness of the M.F.when removing...... I was wondering if all glazes are not as slick to the touch as U.P.P. as in all sealers?? With U.P.P. the towel glides over the surface...

Was hoping for a edge with VANILLA MOOSE HAND GLAZE......:confused:

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Maybe it depends on the fillers in the glaze. The more fillers, a thicker layer is left on the car, and thus, creating a smoother surface. I don't know if that is how it works.

BILL
06-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Maybe it depends on the fillers in the glaze. The more fillers, a thicker layer is left on the car, and thus, creating a smoother surface. I don't know if that is how it works.

I just said the heck with it and I put another coat of U.P.P. back over the 3M glaze........ and the slickness came back nicely plus no change in shine.......Im waiting for the repercussions on doing that though:o :o :o

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 12:12 PM
What is the worst that can happen?! Nothing terrible... I love the feel of a slick surface.

BILL
06-24-2006, 12:15 PM
What is the worst that can happen?! Nothing terrible... I love the feel of a slick surface.

My trunk explode??????????:D I noticed the diff right way, the dust with the slickness just doesn't exist as much..........:)

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 12:17 PM
So you find this combo more favorable than upp alone?

BILL
06-24-2006, 12:28 PM
[quote=abrcrombe]So you find this combo more favorable than upp alone?

To be quite honest.........i think its just the U.P.P. but maybe with MOOSE clear coat by hand it will be slick over the U.P.P.

I'm beginning to think that for me??? its U.P.P. and topped with souveran or natty's blue....the hand glaze over the U.P.P.may not improve anything :o except maybe XMT Glaze........id still like to try a pure glaze by hand over U.P.P. to quell my curiosity.....i just don't know which product glaze is best by hand over U.P.P.:(

abrcrombe
06-24-2006, 12:31 PM
no clue... I have no experience with upp

BILL
06-24-2006, 12:36 PM
:)
no clue... I have no experience with upp

Keep it in mind Killr put me on to it a few months ago A/G use to carry four star products i believe, and thats how he knew about it........
a very nice very glossy easy to use SEALER.........:)

ScottB
06-24-2006, 02:33 PM
UPP is plenty slick by itself, I see no need to even try a glaze. Simply polish, UPP, and Gloss Enhancer spray. Why make it any harder for little to no appreciable difference ??