PDA

View Full Version : Tire dressing build up

Bonifax
10-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I've noticed that one tire (tyre) of my cars has dressing build up, so I was wondering if it would be safe to use degreaser to remove, any thoughts would be nice.

Jimmie
10-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Depending on whether your degreaser and wheels are compatible. There have been examples where certain degreasers have had adverse effects on polished aluminum wheels (sorry don't know which. Maybe someone will chime-in). Yet some use a degreaser as their standard tire cleaner with much success.

dontsleeponit
10-10-2007, 12:05 PM
ARO (amazing roll off) and a tire scrub brush will make quick work of it.

Bonifax
10-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanx, I'll try it. My biggest concern was not to damage the tires.

dontsleeponit
10-10-2007, 12:12 PM
I use ARO 1:1 as my wheel cleaner, and always use it on the tires, so far no ill effects on either the wheels or tires, I think its pretty safe. Like jimmy said the only thing I might be careful with is maybe uncoated aluminum wheels or other polished wheels. But even then I would think ARO wouldn't harm them.

What kind of wheel cleaner are you using now? I think most will work on tires too

Jimmie
10-10-2007, 12:45 PM
:iagree: in fact haven't found a tire cleaner that works much better. However you may find a degreaser more cost effective.

blk45
10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
:iagree: in fact haven't found a tire cleaner that works much better. However you may find a degreaser more cost effective.

:whs:

pirex
10-10-2007, 01:13 PM
:whs:

:whs::whs::whs::whs::whs::whs::whs::whs::whs:

Bonifax
10-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanx for your replies :goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

DantheMan
10-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I agree with everyone else... ARO is a great tire cleaner, but there are more cost effective methods.. My ARO was disappearing quick using it for wheels, tires, and wells...

dontsleeponit
10-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I read alot of people saying there are cheaper alternatives, Im just not seeing them, what are you guys using thats cheaper and works good?

I cut my ARO 1:1, that gives me two gallons for $25

Am I missing something?

Also I use it as a wheel cleaner and a APC, so its twice as useful for me.

blk45
10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I read alot of people saying there are cheaper alternatives, Im just not seeing them, what are you guys using thats cheaper and works good?

I cut my ARO 1:1, that gives me two gallons for $25

Am I missing something?

Also I use it as a wheel cleaner and a APC, so its twice as useful for me.

Good point. It's definitely better to buy by the gallon. I haven't tried diluting it yet, but lots of others have with great results.