PDA

View Full Version : Mobile detail/ car wash

Pages : [1] 2

mannysecodetailing
04-06-2016, 04:50 AM
So ive been auto detailing for a while now and just starting to just wash cars instead of the routine wash, clay , polish , wax.
So i need someone to steer me in the rite direction and tell me what steps would i need to do for say $20 carwash.. N how much time should be spent.. The other day i washed a escalade and took 2hrs because i started doing things i would do when it was a full day detailing job 😂 lost track of time pretty much.
Like washing it then cleaning the wheels with a waterless wash then cleaning windows with window cleaner put protectant on the interior, tire shine n then spray waxed the whole truck no vacuum since it broke down 😔

Thanks in advance

GSKR
04-06-2016, 05:43 AM
You want someone to steer you in the direction.my personal opinion not being harsh would be to steer you away from car washing .There is little profit to be made considering time product cost and travel if your mobile.If you are gonna start washing cars set your pricing higher than 20.00. If you are living at home and looking to put some money in your pocket for school etc that's fine.But charge higher 45.00 for cars and stay away from suv.

GSKR
04-06-2016, 05:59 AM
When I moved to fla,a vast majority of people I met said that they get there car detailed every other week,so I said to myself well how could this be.come to find out quickly that they call a carwash a detail very weird.

willyray18
04-07-2016, 11:37 AM
I saw on another forum that a gentleman did wash, spray wax, tires dressed, and Windows (I don't think he did any vacuuming) and charged $20 or $25 a wash and had them on a weekly plan. Sprayed the vehicles down with his pressure washer and then used ONR. He had revenue in excess of of $100,000. It was him and a employee. He was from a small town in the mountains of Northwest Georgia.

Can it be done, yes. But you will have to market yourself and your business.

bill110
04-07-2016, 12:19 PM
I saw on another forum that a gentleman did wash, spray wax, tires dressed, and Windows (I don't think he did any vacuuming) and charged $20 or $25 a wash and had them on a weekly plan. Sprayed the vehicles down with his pressure washer and then used ONR. He had revenue in excess of of $100,000. It was him and a employee. He was from a small town in the mountains of Northwest Georgia.

Can it be done, yes. But you will have to market yourself and your business.
Just did the math on this one. If indeed this was all he was doing, he would need to work 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and wash 11 vehicles a day.

dcjredline
04-07-2016, 12:37 PM
11 vehicles a day lets just be kind and say 40 min per car PLUS travel "in the mountains of Georgia" which I'm betting means at least 5-10 min average between cars. This dude had money but no time to spend it.

briarpatch
04-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Been considering offering a similar service near my house. We have two or three 'retirement villages' close by, with around 500 houses very close together. Keep in mind, this is not my full-time job. If I could build a decent customer base, offering this type of service might prove profitable, as most of the clients would be within minutes (or seconds) of each other. Was considering a wash, dry, vacuum, wheels/tires cleaned + dressed for 35.00

215Detailing
04-07-2016, 02:46 PM
You want someone to steer you in the direction.my personal opinion not being harsh would be to steer you away from car washing .There is little profit to be made considering time product cost and travel if your mobile.If you are gonna start washing cars set your pricing higher than 20.00. If you are living at home and looking to put some money in your pocket for school etc that's fine.But charge higher 45.00 for cars and stay away from suv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLJsjkHxWI

215Detailing
04-07-2016, 02:50 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/100220-uhaul-truck-rental-fundraiser.html

215Detailing
04-07-2016, 03:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8aMucWZVo&nohtml5=False

littletimmy
04-07-2016, 03:30 PM
I think you can make some profit if you build up a consistent client base and buy your supplies in bulk. I'm in the process of doing something similar for myself - not gonna quit my day job but I've definitely got some extra cash to spend now.

mannysecodetailing
04-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Thank you all this has been some great info... Yea i might just start mobile car wash but eco friendly and still do my detailing at home jobs also. Like wash it with eco smart then clean door jams, clean wheels n dress tires for 25 maybe even 30 since itll be eco friendly and they wouldnt need to worry about water all over the place.

215Detailing
04-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Thank you all this has been some great info... Yea i might just start mobile car wash but eco friendly and still do my detailing at home jobs also. Like wash it with eco smart then clean door jams, clean wheels n dress tires for 25 maybe even 30 since itll be eco friendly and they wouldnt need to worry about water all over the place.

That was my thoughts, I will set up a mobile wash unit (hopefully) still detail from home but leave the mobile customers with flyer/card for my regular services, monday through thursday do mobile (foam car down, wash tire and wheel face,dress tires, spray wax/detailer and clean exterior glass.

mannysecodetailing
04-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Yea that sounds about rite Hope it works out... GL to both of us

AGOatemywallet
04-09-2016, 09:43 PM
charged $20 or $25 a wash....He had revenue in excess of of $100,000. It was him and a employee.

Bull Loney

That's 11 cars a day 365 days a year