PDA

View Full Version : Any technique suggestions?

BrianJM
04-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, Im reaching out to maybe get a few suggestions as far as paint correction technique/method. Currently I use a 105 and 205 with LC foam pads, MEGS foam pads and MEGS microfiber cutting discs. If y'all could suggest a less aggressive approach or a more aggressive approach? Also any LSP?
Thanks!

GSKR
04-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Too many variables to answer that question.

BrianJM
04-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Too many variables to answer that question.

Well I'm working with 105/205 now. I guess I'm asking for any suggestions for less aggressive compounds and polishes or more aggressive combinations.

mbkite
04-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Just a hobby guy here but in all my research the trend is least aggressive method and clear coats don't like heat.
Swarf or the paint that you remove is the nemesis that causes micro marring so keeping the pad as clean as posably will help.

BrianJM
04-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Just a hobby guy here but in all my research the trend is least aggressive method and clear coats don't like heat.
Swarf or the paint that you remove is the nemesis that causes micro marring so keeping the pad as clean as posably will help.

Appreciate the info! I guess I should figure out a better way to word the question. In simpler terms I'm just looking for alternatives that have proven success with badly swirled paint.

DaveT435
04-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Try 3D HD Adapt and Polish. You can also try Cut, I'm not sure if that would be more aggressive than 105, but a lot easier to work with!

I should add I have never used 205. Don't know if HD polish will be any less aggressive, close I would guess. Adapt will be less aggressive than 105.

BrianJM
04-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Try 3D HD Adapt and Polish. You can also try Cut, I'm not sure if that would be more aggressive than 105, but a lot easier to work with!

I should add I have never used 205. Don't know if HD polish will be any less aggressive, close I would guess. Adapt will be less aggressive than 105.

Cool. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll def check out HD products. Been seeing a lot of talk about them on the forum.

Crispy
05-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Most paint correction is best done with a single brand system approach. Select a brand (in your case Meguiar's I believe and research their kits available here on AG. Once you gain some experience with basic products (compound, medium polish and finish polish) you can expand and go from there. Beware it is a slippery slope once you get started.