PDA

View Full Version : What is the most cost effective wheel cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

Coopers ST
04-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Like the title says, what is the most cost effective wheel cleaner you guys are using?
thanks

Eldorado2k
04-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Megs D140 Wheel Brightener, hands down. @4:1 the gallon that only costs $18.99 makes 5 gallons of strong, effective wheel cleaner that's safe on the same wheels that any non acidic cleaner is.

That being said, I don't use it as much because D143 [even though it dilutes @2:1] cleans both wheels & tires.

Jaretr1
04-05-2016, 09:51 AM
My wheel woolie!

Coopers ST
04-05-2016, 10:19 AM
My wheel woolie!

Nice, I have those also, maws thinking more chemicals

Bunky
04-05-2016, 10:26 AM
My wheel woolie!

I know some like the spray, rinse, and walk away method but agitation with a WW or other wheel brush usually lets you use less expensive chemicals many times.

vanev
04-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Yo will need more than one.

Degreaser:
The most cost effective and time efficient wheel and tire cleaner is a simple degreaser of your choice, diluted down to a proper ratio.

APC:
Degreasers and APC's have a lot in common.
In my experience, they work much better in tandem than they do individually.
Inevitably, you will encounter stains and break dust that require a little more cleaning power.
Find a good APC and dilute down appropriately.

Acid Wheel Cleaner.
You are going to need this.
At some point as a detailer, you will encounter wheels that have literally never been cleaned in years, or ever.
Possibly cleaned in tunnel car washes where the finish waxes and sealants get baked in with the brake dust.
You will need acid wheel cleaner to remove it.
Make sure to educate yourself on acids in order to be safe for your health and the environment as well.
Acids are no joke, and must be handled safely.

Brushes and Wheel Woolies:
You will need an assortment of wheel woolies and various sizes and types of brushes that are tire and wheel specific.
A good set of dedicated microfiber towels for the task is needed as well.

PA DETAILER
04-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner D-14301 (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-non-acid-wheel-and-tire-cleaner-d-14301.html)

willowcat11
04-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Megs D143
Megs Super Degreaser
Megs APC

Different Circmustances, Different Products

ascarbo27
04-05-2016, 12:21 PM
i hear vinegar works but i havent tried it yet

Desertnate
04-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Mother's Foaming Wheel and Tire cleaner works great for me and it's very inexpensive. Another bonus is you can find it just about anywhere.

I will also add that I only use it when the wheels and tires are a really dirty. If I'm just doing a routine weekly wash and the wheels are simply dusty, I'll use the solution from my wash bucket.

Bill1234
04-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Brown royal wheel cleaner.
Brake dust is liquid at 4:1 in 30 seconds to a minute, can also do engine bays and tar removal with it too =)

Coopers ST
04-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Yo will need more than one.

Degreaser:
The most cost effective and time efficient wheel and tire cleaner is a simple degreaser of your choice, diluted down to a proper ratio.

APC:
Degreasers and APC's have a lot in common.
In my experience, they work much better in tandem than they do individually.
Inevitably, you will encounter stains and break dust that require a little more cleaning power.
Find a good APC and dilute down appropriately.

Acid Wheel Cleaner.
You are going to need this.
At some point as a detailer, you will encounter wheels that have literally never been cleaned in years, or ever.
Possibly cleaned in tunnel car washes where the finish waxes and sealants get baked in with the brake dust.
You will need acid wheel cleaner to remove it.
Make sure to educate yourself on acids in order to be safe for your health and the environment as well.
Acids are no joke, and must be handled safely.

Brushes and Wheel Woolies:
You will need an assortment of wheel woolies and various sizes and types of brushes that are tire and wheel specific.
A good set of dedicated microfiber towels for the task is needed as well.

I have the degreaser, APC, and brushes wheel woolies. I was/am using AtoZ but am almost out, thought when I replace I should replace with something else if there is something else.

Billy Baldone
04-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Hd bdx

Klasse Act
04-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Hd bdx

That's a great product but I don't think its as cost effective as what others have mentioned here. That Meg's has peaked my interest for sure! BTW I have a bottle of this stuff and tried it once and really liked it, saving it for when the wheels are real bad, like when I'm down on the Dragon for instance or after a long road trip, like to and from the Dragon.

AGOatemywallet
04-05-2016, 07:05 PM
i hear vinegar works but i havent tried it yet

Please try it and report back

Pictures Please