PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought I had everything I needed...

runrun411
04-05-2016, 05:44 AM
I bought a Rupes 21 MK II yesterday (thanks again Nick), now I guess I gotta get 6 inch pads. I have so many 5" pads I kind of hate to have to buy more pads. Nick asked me yesterday if I wanted to buy pads to go with my new Rupes but being such a skinflint, I said "no not now" and asked about a 5" backing plate. He said Rupes is working on it but not yet. Now on the morning after I've come to realize that I should've bought pads. I see that Buff & Shine has large throw pads on sale.
Do you think they're good with the Rupes or should I just get Rupes pads as well? Either way Ka-Ching, here comes another purchase.

SRConcepts
04-05-2016, 06:06 AM
I'd look into the LC Thinpro pads as well, they're on special right now $60 for 6 6.5" pads. Should work great with your new MKII.

BadgerRivFan
04-05-2016, 09:41 AM
I agree with SRConcepts that you should look at the LC ThinPro pads. I have not used them with a long throw DA, but use them with my Flex 3401 and they work well.

I've also recently purchased some of the Griot's BOSS pads. These pads have received many good reviews and were specifically designed for their long throw DAs. Would work well on your new Rupes machine too. Check out the link below and spend a few minutes watching Jeff Brown's video...

Griots Garage 6 inch BOSS Foam and Microfiber Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-boss-foam-microfiber-pads-6-inch.html)

Jaretr1
04-05-2016, 09:52 AM
:iagree::dblthumb2:
I'd look into the LC Thinpro pads as well, they're on special right now $60 for 6 6.5" pads. Should work great with your new MKII.

usmcpab
04-05-2016, 09:58 AM
I use the LC thinpro pads on my Rupes mkii and I absolutely love them

WRAPT C5Z06
04-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Buy a Rupes LHR 5" backing plate. It'll work just fine.