PDA

View Full Version : Best "AIO" (1 Step) Polish

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Navish360
04-05-2016, 12:53 AM
The 2015 Sonata I have is a Phantom Black color with minor swirls on the paint. I have looked into many polishes such as HD Speed, Scholl Concepts S20, and Menzerna 4500, but can’t seem to narrow down choices with all the polishes on the market. Overall, I'm trying to achieve a 1 step polish to remove all swirls, and minor impurities out of the dark paint. What do you guys recommend for a "AIO" polish to be used on a black car?

DA - Griot's 6inch DA
Pads - Hex-Logic foam pad set, and some LC CCS pads

Zubair
04-05-2016, 03:37 AM
CarPro Essence
HD Speed
Menzerna 3 in 1

Billy Baldone
04-05-2016, 03:53 AM
Are you "waxing" after? Even though they confuse me, Menzerna 2500 on an orange pad is still an awesome 1 step.

Ebg18t
04-05-2016, 05:06 AM
Can you clarify your question.

1. Are you looking for a AIO which has polish and protectant in 1-step?

2. Or are you looking for a good final polish to remove the light swirls in your paint prior to applying a Wax/sealant?

TTQ B4U
04-05-2016, 06:42 AM
The 2015 Sonata I have is a Phantom Black color with minor swirls on the paint. I have looked into many polishes such as HD Speed, Scholl Concepts S20, and Menzerna 4500, but can’t seem to narrow down choices with all the polishes on the market. Overall, I'm trying to achieve a 1 step polish to remove all swirls, and minor impurities out of the dark paint. What do you guys recommend for a "AIO" polish to be used on a black car?

DA - Griot's 6inch DA
Pads - Hex-Logic foam pad set, and some LC CCS pads

I've used HDSpeed on black and found it to be excellent. Seems to really finish to a very fine polish which is quite nice on black and dark blue. I can't speak to the longevity of the bit of Poxy/Sealant in it alone as I put a second coat of my LSP on top of it as it really only takes 15 minutes or so on/off by hand and I rest assured knowing it's fully covered.

silverfox
04-05-2016, 06:50 AM
With all the spray waxes and sealants on the market used as boosters, the longevity of any AIO is really a non issue.

boomdone
04-05-2016, 07:05 AM
With all the spray waxes and sealants on the market used as boosters, the longevity of any AIO is really a non issue.

Then why use an AIO in the first place?

TTQ B4U
04-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Then why not use an AIO in the first place?

fixed

in the end why use one is because they provide the initial protection that silverfox is referencing typically gets boosted by so many other products. that said, it's almost pointless anymore to not use an AIO as they correct/perform as good as the best standalone polishes and provide protection. If you're going to use a ceramic coating then perhaps they aren't the product to choose though.

PA DETAILER
04-05-2016, 08:07 AM

Have you given BLACKFIRE TOTAL POLISH & SEAL a look?

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-total-polish-seal.html

Eldorado2k
04-05-2016, 08:11 AM
I think OP should try McKee's 360 AIO.
I haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to picking some up. They say it shines like a finishing polish + protects like a sealant. I'm interested.

silverfox
04-05-2016, 08:32 AM
That was my point...there are so many spray on boosters that you could theoretically just stick with an AIO without ever worrying about it losing its protection. In fact if you used a rinseless wash that contained carnuba for example and you washed every week you can go forever without worrying about protection. So basing an AIO on longevity as the major factor imo is not what I'd be concerned about for myself. Now on the other hand if your client base is primarily AIO clients who will trash their car as soon as they drive it away, I'd for sure top the AIO with a topper that takes only 10 minutes. I guess the AIO longevity debate is just not something that I'd base my buying decision on.

damaged442
04-05-2016, 09:46 AM
I have had good luck with XMT 360 (now McKee's 360)...

It may also have decent protection, but I have never tried it. I just top it with 845 anyway.

As a plus, it smells like cherries!

Eldorado2k
04-05-2016, 09:57 AM
In fact if you used a rinseless wash that contained carnuba for example and you washed every week you can go forever without worrying about protection.

I kinda have to disagree.. The protection in those spray waxes/washes/AIO's etc. aren't on the same level as a dedicated coat of protection. It's the reason I no longer really used D115 on my own vehicles. It cleans great, it's convenient, and looks good.
But unless you consistently use it, you'll have to clay your paint again in 2-3 months.. I found that enough of a turnoff to not rely on it or bearly use it these days.

"If you washed every week"
That's key.^ Unfortunately it's not always easy to stay on that plan at all times.

Pats300zx
04-05-2016, 10:32 AM

I agree 100% !!!!!

FUNX650
04-05-2016, 10:46 AM
The 2015 Sonata I have is a Phantom
Black color with minor swirls on the
paint.

Overall, I'm trying to achieve a 1 step
polish to remove all swirls, and minor
impurities out of the dark paint.

What do you guys recommend
for a "AIO" polish to be used
on a black car?

IMO:
•The below product's abrasives and
Carnauba Wax content...

McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/32ozxmtcafig.html)

...should more than provide the remedy for:
-First eliminating the paint blemishes you've
listed above;
-And then leaving behind a: Sacrificial Barrier.

I construe this as being an
"AIO product definition".

Bob