PDA

View Full Version : Front load washers anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

t-bone
10-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Well my good old whirlpool top load took a dump last night and I see this as an opportunity to upgrade to front load. Anybody have experience with them and what brand would you recomend??

LazerRed1
10-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Got one. They are great. Check reviews online. Really depends on what you want to spend. Also check the energy star ratings to check yearly operation costs. LG, Whirlpool, Maytag all good.

P1et
10-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Awesome stuff they are. Longer wash cycles, a little bit less capacity but much cleaner clothing and much more efficient.

t-bone
10-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I have been looking at Bosch and have read pretty good reviews on it. I am looking to spend no more than $2K on a washer/dryer set. Thakns for the quick reply guys.

Buff It Out
10-10-2007, 03:01 PM
only thing bad i have heard is, after some time of usage,there is a special soap that needs to be used for mold that may occur on the gasket of the front door.

ScottB
10-10-2007, 06:50 PM
My wife wanted the Duets .... still would trade me versus getting rid of them. One hint, check which way the doors open, as some are no longer interchangable.

bladerunner
10-10-2007, 07:15 PM
We have the Whirlpool Duet Sport. We put them on the stands. Unfortunately, the spin speeds are very high on the washer and they like to walk around the floor. So if you are putting it upstairs. Carefully read the requirements for flooring. I have mostly cured it on ours but I still get a little. Great machine to throw my MF stuff in and walk away. Doesn't tear them up.

dengood1
10-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Bosch=quality! I have a Bosch dishwasher and wouldn't trade it for nuthin'!

supercharged
10-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Kenmore Elite HE3t is what I have....Worked well for the last 5 years...Made in Germany, and I trust it...Uses very little water (very important if you have a water meter, regular machines will use 3 time more water) ...
I don't think they sell those anymore, HE5t is what they have

t-bone
10-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Well we went out and bought the LG steam wash with matching dryer. They will be delivered tomorrow. My wife fell in love with them when we saw them and with sears doing price matching plus 10% off we stayed under our $2k price cap! I can't wait to try it out. I have a huge pile of MF's ready to go in! Thanks for all the input guys.

ryandamartini
10-11-2007, 08:56 AM
You can tell a man has been domesticated when we get a thread about front loading washers with personal experiences :D hehehehe

Congrats on the purchase, maybe itll give you leverage to get more detailing supplies! Bought the wife new washer / dryer, you should be able to get some toys ^.^

t-bone
10-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I know we both commented last night that we never thought we would see the day that we would be excited about getting a new washer and dryer!!!! I must be getting old.

P1et
10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I love it T-Bone, the MFs will be the first things in there! Will you steam wash them?

t-bone
10-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Yes I think I will try the steam and sanitary wash on them and see just how clean they come out. I hope that this washer will do away with some of the need for pre-treatment. They get delivered sometime between 2 and 4 today. I can't wait. I guess I can do a full review since I have never done one on here!!!!

ryandamartini
10-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Such excitement over a washer, this is funny :D