PDA

View Full Version : Least aggressive method

GregC
04-03-2016, 11:29 AM
If you decide you need to be a little more aggressive, do you go with a more aggressive compound or more aggressive pad first?

mwoolfso
04-03-2016, 11:48 AM
To me this topic's answers fall on the artistic side of detailing. I don't have a guideline aside from evaluating the finish after a test spot and then making a decision on-the-spot to step up the product and/or pad. Sometimes I will step both up at the same time given the previous test.

dlc95
04-03-2016, 12:16 PM
I usually go up in pad aggression, then move to heavier polish.

TTQ B4U
04-03-2016, 12:17 PM
If you decide you need to be a little more aggressive, do you go with a more aggressive compound or more aggressive pad first?

IMO the product is the more relevant point between the two. Case in point if a polish such as Menzerma 4500/3800 and a white pad wouldn't remove a blemish on my S4 I would then move to up 1-2, likely 2 steps up more aggressive product.

The reason being most of the newer products out there finish quite nicely and I don't want a more aggressive pad just yet, that could perhaps leave a bit of a haze. Splitting hairs at the lower / finer end of things but pads can cause more micro marks whereas products tend to finish pretty nicely.