PDA

View Full Version : Boss Detailer

Boss Detailer
04-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Does anyone have a sure fire method for removing gasoline smell from a car?

GSKR
04-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Oh man oh,where is it?. Usually time and consistent product spraying.3d odor bomb is real powerful might help.call a carpet cleaning company or carpet cleaning supply store.extraction will be needed tough smell to get rid of.

Boss Detailer
04-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Originating from trunk. Customer spilled residual from container and of course it's permeating the cockpit of the car as well.

GSKR
04-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Take the liner out and pressure wash it with laundry detergent.If it deosnt help maybe a new one .Gas is like cat piss,two of the worst odors to remove.

Boss Detailer
04-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Thanks GSKR, I was thinking along those lines as well. Planning on taking the trunk liners out and doing a thorough cleaning from the bottom up including the floors and underside of the trunk. Also going to spray an odor killing agent to help eradicate the fumes.
Since the smell is in the car, I also plan on detailing the interior and spraying odor eradicator as well.
I'll report on how it goes. Thanks again!

LEDetailing
04-02-2016, 06:37 PM
If you are going to take out the trunk liners. I would use Dawn dish soap and scrub and rinse multiple times. Dawn has a very pleasant smell and cuts through oil well, I'm guessing gasoline would clean up as well. I've used straight dawn on oil spots on concrete and it definitely cuts through oil.

I would only use the dawn if you plan on removing everything and are able to rinse the residual soap. I would even use it on the interior painted surfaces of the trunk.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out and which route you go.

Boss Detailer
04-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Thanks alot! I will definitely update on the results after. Thanks again!